Job#: 1262643 Job Description: Apex Systems has a contract to hire opening for a Sr. Field Services / Deskside Technician role in the Raleigh/RTP Area. This position will require on-site work and is NOT remote. Please email for additional details (MS Word Resume preferred).Position Summary
The Senior Field Services Technician will be responsible for ensuring that client related technical issues are resolved in a quick and proper manner. This position will require significant interaction with internal clients, IT associates, and third-party service providers. The position is tasked with additional responsibilities on a regional or global level and expected to lead independently. Position requires a strong bias towards service, quality, and customer satisfaction.Key Competencies
- Strong organizational skills and work ethic to drive projects and complete goals.
- Proactively identify topics to improve the operations of Global Field Services
- Must have excellent understanding of personal computers, peripherals & associated accessories. Solid understanding of personal computing applications (MS-Office, Visio, Outlook, etc.).
- Excellent working knowledge of networks and server infrastructure.
- Good working knowledge of business applications.
- Responds directly to clients regarding routine requests in a timely manner.
- Assists colleagues in providing counsel to others on complex issues; aids in the development of strategies for achieving client goals.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills with excellent written and verbal communication abilities.
- Self-motivated with the ability to function independently in a deadline driven work environment.
- Good understanding of computer systems validation is desired.
- Leads long term ongoing global or regional technical initiatives for the benefit of the organization.
- Ability to manage larger special projects and a constant basis
- Understands basic user technology issues and provides solutions based upon basic proven methods.
- Researches, evaluates, and provides technical solutions to address defined business requirements. Identifies alternatives and present recommendations that meet user needs and comply with established standards.
- Interacts with clients to process basic service requests or resolve basic technical problems.
- Replaces and rebuilds hardware components as needed.
- Installs/removes/configures basic software applications.
- User account administration
- Procurement in accordance with corporate guidelines
- Compliance with purchasing licensing guidelines
- Coordinate local support vendor relationships
- Ensures compliance with system patching & AV requirements
- General site application support & troubleshooting
- General network, telecom & server support
- Ensures call tickets are updated and closed in a timely manner. Escalates calls to Manager, Field Service and/or other teams as required.
- Understands and complies with relevant Standard Operating Procedures.
- On call 24x7 for emergencies and special projects.
- Effectively communicates clear, concise and accurate status as required.
- Provide updates of specific site requirements.
- Other duties as may be assigned or required.
- Associates degree in Computer Science or related discipline. Equivalent work experience will be considered.
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) or Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) certification is desired.
- Minimum of 10 years relevant direct technical support experience.
- Work experience within a pharmaceutical manufacturing and/or laboratory environment is preferred but not required.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to speak English preferred.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines. Individual may be required to sit, stand, walk regularly and occasionally lift 0-50 pounds. Be accessible to general office, laboratory & manufacturing areas and use required office equipment. Specific vision requirements include reading of written documents and frequent use of computer monitors.
- Must be able to work non-standard hours (weekends, evenings, nights) as needed
- Service oriented attitude (flexible, personable, approachable)
- Travel 0-10%
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at