Sr. IT Network Security Engineer-0061293_P0067726
TITLE: Sr. IT Network Security Engineer
LOCATION: Atlanta, GA
About NCR Corporation
NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is the global leader in consumer transaction technologies, turning everyday interactions with businesses into exceptional experiences. With its software, hardware, and portfolio of services, NCR enables nearly 700 million transactions daily across retail, financial, travel, hospitality, telecom and technology, and small business. NCR solutions run the everyday transactions that make your life easier. NCR is headquartered in Duluth, Georgia, with approximately 29,000 employees and does business in 180 countries.
POSITION SUMMARY & KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
NCR Network Security Engineering role provides design, installation, configuration, administration, security, operational integrity, and support of stand-alone and networked computer systems (i.e., physical voice, data, and video network infrastructure); including technical analysis, installation, maintenance, and modification of device/appliance operating system software. The individual in this position will focus on network security and connectivity between NCR and non-NCR devices (customers, partners, Internet.) This position will be responsible for inbound Internet gateway changes in support of secure access into NCR from a variety of devices – employee-owned, NCR-owned, and customer owned devices. Reverse proxy functional knowledge will be a key component of position’s responsibilities.
The team into which the position reports is responsible for working with customers/partners to setup extranet VPNs, oversee intrusion prevention, Web filtering, SSL access, 2-factor remote access, reverse proxy, and other perimeter network security implementations. All security designs and updates require strict adherence to procedures that support Sarbanes-Oxley, SOC2, and ISO 27001 audit requirements, and in many cases, PCI requirements
This position works directly with NCR Business Units and customers and partners.
- Maintain, configure, and troubleshoot network security platforms
- F5 Load balancing configuration
- SSL and IPSEC VPN configuration and setup
- 7+ years’ experience with recent versions of Checkpoint Firewall
- 7+ years’ experience with Netscreen OS of Juniper VPN devices
- 7+ years’ experience with F5 LTM configuration
- Data networking knowledge – must understand IP ‘subnetting’ and layer 3 routing
- Understand network security concepts (firewalls, encryption, IDS/IPS, web filtering, SSL, reverse proxy)
- Communication skills (verbal and written) – must be able to convey technical concepts to non-technical people.
- BS in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, MIS or related technical field
- Understanding of Web-based technologies, Web gateways, especially Reverse Proxy
- Knowledge of Virtual firewalls and other such forward-looking technologies
- Knowledge of McAfee security solutions (IPS, Web Gateway, ATD, etc.)
Integrated into our shared values is NCR's commitment to diversity. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. This concept encompasses but is not limited to human differences with regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, culture and physical ability. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment .
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes .