A career at New York Life offers many opportunities. To be part of a growing and successful business. To reach your full potential, whatever your specialty. Above all, to make a difference in the world by helping people achieve financial security. It-s a career journey you can be proud of, and you-ll find plenty of support along the way. Our development programs range from skill-building to management training, and we value our diverse and inclusive workplace where all voices can be heard. Recognized as one of Fortune-s World-s Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and service, supported by our Foundation . It all adds up to a rewarding career at a company where doing right by our customers is part of who we are, as a mutual company without outside shareholders. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses -Be Good At Life.- To learn more, please visit LinkedIn , our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com .
New York Life (NYL) is seeking a seasoned project manager to manage large scale, complex SAP Finance projects. The project manager has the overall accountability for projects overseeing end-to-end execution of projects, including the coordination of resources across business partners, additional project managers and development staff in addition to definition of the project charter and high-level business requirements.
Key Role Expectations:
- Recognized as an expert within the company
- Anticipates internal and external business challenges and/or regulatory issues; recommends process, product or service improvements
- Solves unique and complex problems; requires conceptual and innovative thinking to develop solutions
- Adapts function/business strategy plans and policies to address service and/or operational challenges
- May play key role in projects, processes or vendor management
- Drive the development and management of strategic SAP roadmaps in collaboration with business and technology stakeholders.
- In parallel, manage 2-3 large scale, complex, cross technology application projects, and oversee the delivery of 3-4 concurrent small projects in alignment with the strategic roadmap.
- Manage project risks and mitigation or contingency plans. Identify program impediments and address them with appropriate urgency and escalation. Lead cross-functional meetings and foster teamwork; drive escalation and resolution of issues.
- Develop and continuously validate financial forecasts; provide ongoing reconciliation of resources and other project expenditures.
- Monitors project progress to ensure accordance with goals, schedules and budget.
- Lead diverse teams of multiple skill sets to deliver integrated solutions that achieve measurable business results. Provide expectations of delivery and requirements, yielding consistent results.
- Manages and oversees the full system development process, and turnover to production, across internal and external teams. Leads project team to deliver business and technical objectives on-time and within budget.
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of resource and budget management. Defines and manages resource requirements and allocations, monitors and improves quality, and ensures 'best practice' development techniques.
- Partners with the business relationship manager and portfolio manager to optimize the delivery.
- Act as gate keeper to ensure that all milestone deliverables meet with defined standards.
- Follows approved SDLC and project management methodology (Agile & Waterfall), ensuring that all required steps are followed, all required deliverables are produced, and all approvals are obtained.
- Accountable for directing work effort of IT staff assigned to project.
- Creates and maintains the MS Project schedule and Budget Plans. Utilizes the schedule and budget to communicate and manage work efforts.
- Orchestrates and prepares stakeholder status meetings (e.g. steering committee, program budget review, weekly status).
- Coordinates and reports on project progress and accomplishments.
- Provides technical and analytical support and guidance to project team members. Assists in developing vendor statements of work, deliverables and SLAs.
- Coordinate, lead and/or participate in technology engineering efforts and meetings to determine optimal approach, design, risk mitigation, defect resolution, etc.
- Provide steady leadership in the face of uncertainty, change, and aggressive deadlines common to a rapidly growing company with an evolving business model.
- Serve as advisor, including maintaining a collaborative working relationship with leadership/stakeholders and provide expert guidance in the understanding and deployment of PMO CoE methodology and standard practices.
- Project Management experience leading SAP transformation, migration and upgrade project implementations.
- Good understanding of the basic constructs and terms used in SAP landscape specifically in Finance and HCM modules.
- Understanding of SAP and basic understanding of the public cloud and terminology.
- 5+ years of strategic project management experience within Financial Services industry.
- 5+ years of experience directing large scale, strategic, complex projects that span multiple IT & business functional domains.
- Experience managing agile projects of moderate to significant complexity.
- Highly strategic thinker with an ability to think well beyond tactical aspects of projects and provide innovative solutions to project impediments.
- Leadership competencies, including but not limited to stakeholder management, C level reporting. Strong communication and leadership skills.
- Proven track record of successful deliveries.
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Top flight interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to bridge / facilitate / report efforts between technical and business teams via meetings, status reports, resource management.
- Hands-on experience in developing business case with RoI, TCO, Cost-Benefit and Build-Buy analysis, Estimations.
- Strong leadership and team building skills.
- Strong analytical, decision-making and problem-solving skills. Accuracy and attention to details are required.
- Sound organizational skills to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities.
- Interprets business challenges, identifies trends and recommends best practices.
- Expert in managing variable staffing model and Onsite-Offshore execution method.
- Methodical and detail oriented with excellent organizational and time management skills; ensure assigned activities are managed in-line with business priorities.
- Highly motivated self-starter demonstrating integrity, initiative and innovation qualities.
- Understand the holistic business and technology goals while managing the detailed project execution.
- Experience with vendor sourcing cycle (RFI, RFP, Proposal reviews) in partnership with vendor management.
- Experience working in matrixed resource model and managing expectations of stakeholders across divisions.
- Highly proficient with Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, CA Clarity PPM (preferred) and SharePoint.
- Expertise in Project Management methodologies, tools and techniques.
- Experience with reporting tools such as AFO and Crystal is a plus.
- Hands on experience in SAP ECC and SAP S4/BPC is a plus.
- PMP or PMI Certification preferred
- CSM preferred
SF:LI-KV1 EOE M/F/D/V
- If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811. Date:
Thu, 07 02 2019 00:00:00 GMT Department: