Sr. IT Project Manager
Apex Systems is looking for an IT Project Manager who specializes in IT infrastructure specifically any type of relocation or build out of an IT department. In addition to meeting the requirements below, the ideal candidate will have great communication and be able to communicate well with stakeholders and 3rd party vendors.
Please see the job description below and if you are interested in hearing more about the opportunity, send a copy of your resume to Danielle Lorenzen at
We are seeking a highly motivated and self-directed Senior IT Project Manager
to be part of an exciting team located in Dania Beach, FL. The Senior IT Project Manager will be responsible for establishing and managing project scope, budget, timeline and delivery of assigned projects. This includes matrix resource management, gathering vendor quotes, submitting purchase requests, tracking delivery status, vendor management, budget building, invoice approval and expense tracking and other project management responsibilities. Candidates must be comfortable delivering very black and white solutions from grey requirements. This position reports to the Director of IT Project Delivery and may require up to 50% travel. The Senor IT Project Manager serves a fundamental role in providing and implementing IT solutions to complex computer, IT system, and network problems /challenges. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to be part of a vibrant, dynamic and successful IT team. We offer competitive compensation, career development and advancement opportunities, business-casual attire throughout the week, friendly, open and team oriented work atmosphere, excellent benefits including generous medical, vision, dental and life & disability insurance.What You'll Do:
- Leading the project initiation, requirements, design, development, testing, and implementation phases of IT Infrastructure owned projects working with local and remote IT Site Support Technicians and Engineers (Software, Network, Security, Telecom, Systems, etc.) and other employees to quickly provide high quality solutions to IT and business problems.
- Vendor management for project IT scope delivery and timely project status reporting. This will provide you with the opportunity to learn and work with a variety of equipment and issues including desktops, laptops, network connectivity, Windows and Linux Server software, client configuration management and much more.
- Work closely with the business on delivering standardized IT Infrastructure and Applications to our growing number of new and expanding Fulfillment Centers, Call Centers and Business Office locations.
- Assigned special projects in which you will get to research new technology and solve more complex problems.
- Responsible for partnering with the project owner/sponsor and all stakeholders to create and implement appropriate and cost efficient solutions based on business objectives.
- Acts as project manager, with leadership responsibilities for a matrix team on medium to large sized projects. Manages results as outlined in the project's triple constraints of budget, schedule and scope (objective/quality/performance.)
- Represents team recommendations to Senior Management, demonstrate influence over governance bodies, and communicate effectively via formal presentations.
- Builds strong relationships with business and technology leaders. Understands business area opportunities and challenges, process or system impacts to all related business or systems areas when implementing recommended solution to obtain business objectives.
- Initiates and ensures project management and standard methodologies are followed and change management procedures and supporting tools / policies are used in executing all projects as appropriate.
- Manages deliverable estimation process, resource allocation and efficient utilization; negotiates resource conflicts with other project managers or resource managers as appropriate. Escalates to Director of Project Delivery and or VP, IT Infrastructure and other Leadership as necessary.
- Communicates technical issues, impact, and risk mitigation strategies in business terminology that can be communicated to and understood by non-technical resources.
- Provides ongoing and timely status updates on project progress, risks, change management and issue resolution. Leads issue identification, tracking, escalation and resolution documentation. Monitors risk events before becoming issues and potential roadblocks.
- Creates and maintains project plan (charters and schedules), and reviews them with the appropriate IT, business partners and steering committees. This includes tracking plans against agreed upon resource levels, timelines and budgets.
- Responsible for facilitating vendor identification, selection and interfacing with project sponsor, Facilities, Legal and Financial areas. Maintains ongoing management of vendor throughout the life of the project.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Look forward to hearing from you!!
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at