Role: Project Manager IT
Location: Allen, TX
Seeking a Senior IT Project Manager to lead Data Warehouse and BI projects.
Duties include managing the project team, facilitating requirements gathering sessions with business and technical users, reviewing source system layouts and schemas, analyzing the requirements and creating a comprehensive strategy and roadmap to meet the business needs, including project plans, release plans, staffing plans, status updates, change control processes and customer presentations on project and budget status. This individual must have strong, proven data warehouse experience, including taking data warehouse projects from the analysis, envisioning and design phases, to a full lifecycle Data Warehouse implementation.
The ideal candidate should have a strong working background in Information Technology with Telecom experience and be comfortable addressing and resolving complex problems. The candidate should also have strong understanding of agile as well as hybrid project management methodology, will be proficient at developing project plans, estimating project schedule and costs, directly managing teams and leading matrixed resources to deliver the solutions and services on schedule and within the specified budgets and constraints.
- Work with Business users to gather requirements in different forms including: facilitated interview sessions, reverse engineering existing reports, JAD (Joint Application Developer Sessions, etc.).
- Act as technical lead to assess client’s current state environment and offer estimates and recommendations for a full data warehouse implementation, including detailed project plans, staffing plans and release plans
- Provide Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence subject matter expertise and leadership
- Assist with transforming Business requirements into functional Data Warehouse design requirements, including the data warehouse data model (logical and physical)
- Ensure common application architectural framework across different subject areas and conformance with best practices
- Consult with key individuals across multiple projects regarding the usage and application of Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing architectural standards and processes, including Data Governance processes
- Oversee the Design and Develop of logical and physical data models to meet approved business requirements
- Work with business and technical SME’s to implement data quality and data governance processes
- Conducts end to end program management of one or more programs containing multiple large projects
- Directs cross functional teams to complete projects and program deliverables within allotted timeline and budget.
- Works with external vendors and internal stakeholders to champion project/program(s) across the entire organization.
- Develops detailed work plans, schedules, estimates, resource plans, and status reports.
- Conducts program meetings and is responsible for program tracking and analysis.
- Ensures adherences to quality standards and reviews project/program deliverables.
- Will manage the integration of vendor tasks and tracks and reviews vendor deliverables.
- Provides technical and analytical guidance to project team and will recommend and takes action to direct the analysis and solutions of problems.
- Engage business stakeholders to identify and incorporate business owned project tasks and dependencies
- Create strategies for risk mitigation and contingency planning, ensures projects are on schedule and deadlines are met, manages project budget and forecast, directs and oversees project team and manages conflicts within group, efficiently identifies, escalates and solves project issues and demonstrates leadership.
Thanks & Regards
Resource Development Manager
D: 469-533-7250 PExtn: 7250