The Aerospace Corporation is the trusted partner to the nation's space programs, solving the hardest problems and providing unmatched technical expertise. As the operator of a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC), we are broadly engaged across all aspects of space- delivering innovative solutions that span satellite, launch, ground, and cyber systems for defense, civil and commercial customers. When you join our team, you'll be part of a special collection of problem solvers, thought leaders, and innovators. Join us and take your place in space.
At Aerospace, we are committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace for all employees to share in our common passion and aspiration - to carry out a mission much bigger than ourselves. Job Summary
Security and Safety is dedicated to providing quality leadership, services and solutions to safeguard people and the environment, secure and protect company information and assets and enhance operational efficiency.What You'll Be Doing
• Maintains information and data regarding end-user issues within the tracking system and according to policies and standards.
• Reviews, develops, and implements security plans for existing and new computer assets.
• Coordinates and performs information security inspections, tests, and reviews.
• Supports the implementation and development of an organizations' IT security.
• Ensures security policies, standards and procedures are established and enforced.
• Trains and briefs employees on the IS systems, and ensures users have appropriate security clearance and access to information.
• Conducts hardware and software reviews and implementation
• Investigates and reports IS security incidents, and ensures proper protection or corrective measures have been taken.
• May train other employees.What You Need to be Successful
• High School Diploma
• Typically, 4 years of experience in Information Assurance or relevant experience
• Must be willing to be on-call after hours and on weekends as assigned
• In-depth knowledge of computer operating systems
• Ability to quickly troubleshoot problems
• Provide on-site support for all security actions in accordance with corporate and governmental policies and directives
• This position requires current TS/SCI and maintain a security clearance with the ability to be briefed and maintain accesses at the Special Access Program level. Clearance is issued by the US government. U.S citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance. How You Can Stand Out
It would be impressive if you have one or more of these:
• IT Certification
• Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) Physical Requirements/Work Environments
• Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
• Ability to use a computer to complete activities.
• Ability to communicate with individuals and groups in person, by phone and telepresence.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee will typically work in an office environment.
• Moderate to heavy lifting of measurement and test equipment.
• Exposure to oils and cleaning materials.
• Exposure to electrical materials.Ways We Reward Our Employees
During your interview process, our team will provide details of our industry-leading benefits.
Benefits vary and are applicable based on Job Type. A few highlights include:
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans
- Paid holidays, sick time, and vacation
- Standard and alternate work schedules, including telework options
- 401(k) Plan - Employees receive a total company-paid benefit of 8%, 10%, or 12% of eligible compensation based on years of service and matching contributions; employees are immediately eligible and vested in the plan upon hire
- Flexible spending accounts
- Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career
- Education assistance programs
- An inclusive work environment built on teamwork, flexibility, and respect
We are all unique, from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all of us to each other-the belief that we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace Corporation.Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
. You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law
and the supplement
, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement