Role: Sr. Information Security Engineer
Work Location: Houston, TX (onsite required)
Number of Positions: 1
Position Type: Full time
Company Description: Public Sector
S AND THOSE AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE US ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. WE ARE UNABLE TO PROVIDE SPONSORSHIP AT THIS TIME.
LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY, OR THOSE WILLING TO RELOCATE ON THEIR OWN
Provides direct support to business and IT staff on security related issues. Works with management to develop and implement security for a variety of IT areas which may include data, systems, networks, and web, across the entire organization. Regularly monitors security compliance, prepares status reports on security matters and responds to breaches.
Maintains and may assist with the development and implementation of security policies and procedures (i.e., user log-on, authentication rules, security breach escalation procedures, security auditing procedures, and use of firewall and encryption routines). Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Works on only the most complex security administration issues with majority of time spent working with management to develop and implement security strategies and managing security projects.
· Bachelor’s Degree; Master’s Degree preferred or some graduate coursework Equivalent, relevant work experience of four years in addition to the minimum experience requirement of 12 years may be substituted for the education requirement.
· Security certifications such as CISSP or CISM preferred.
· 12+ years advanced knowledge and applied experience in most areas such as networking, databases, systems and web operations with regard to security.
· Proficient on all security technologies.
· Is staying current on all emerging technologies and those coming to practice in 2-5 years.
Strong Experience in the following areas strongly preferred:
Active Directory Group Policy
Any type of CMDB
2factor authentication such a DUO or Azure AD
SSO SAML / Oath Azure AD or Google
Ability to identify and remediate security risks on servers, accounts, systems, etc.
Able to write and implement new security processes.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Executes security controls to prevent hackers from infiltrating company information or jeopardizing ecommerce programs.
· Enforces security policies by administering and monitoring security profiles, reviews security violation reports and investigates possible security exceptions, updates, maintains and documents security controls.
· Administers security policies to control access to systems. Uses applicable encryption methods. Maintains security systems for servers and applications.
· Researches attempted efforts to compromise security protocols. Educates IT and the business about security policies and consults on a variety of issues regarding user built/managed systems.
· Represents the security needs of the entire organization by providing expertise and assistance in all IT projects with regard to security issues.
· Provides information to management regarding the negative impact on the business caused by theft, destruction, alteration, or denial of access to information. Involved in the evaluation of products and/or procedures to enhance productivity and effectiveness.
· Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
BENEFITS: This is a direct hire/fulltime role and offers great benefits including 40+ days of vacation time from day one, seasonal flex time, and a great retirement plan!