Will nonlocal candidates be considered if they are willing to relocate on their own expense? Yes
Is any remote work allowed for this? One day a week would be allowed
The Senior Infrastructure Engineer scope of control will include the following:
• Cisco UCS – Design & Implementation
• VMWare ESX – Design & Implementation
• Cloud Design and Implementation – Azure, AWS, VMC
• Capacity Planning and Forecasting
• Monitoring Tools – UCS, VMWare
• Automation tools and scripting
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide technical leadership and consulting during project design and implementation.
• Provide technical design and expertise for building highly available infrastructures.
• Participate in the engineering and deployment planning of infrastructure systems for IT and business customers including on premise and in cloud environments.
• Developing and writing system strategy and standards documents.
• Proactively engage as the Tier 3 escalation point to satisfy requests for new applications or functionality and/or resolve system, software, or hardware deficiencies in existing systems. These actions may include performing technical research, presenting a corrective action plan, interfacing with vendors for additional analysis, or executing a system recovery in the case of failure.
• Assure quality workmanship is performed by utilizing industry best practices and following client corporate standards and guidelines.
• Provide input to the development of systems and software capital and maintenance budgets.
• Participate in defining and implementing proactive fault detection and capacity monitoring systems.
• Assure optimum systems performance by developing, implementing and following capacity management practices.
• Provide efficient and effective project assistance to the internal and external client user community.
• Provide input that assists in identifying hardware and software requirements, alternatives, implementation of solutions, and expanded use of systems.
• Provide operational guidance and support on applicable hardware and software solutions to customer groups as well as junior members of the team.
• Apply approved procedures and industry best practices on performance, confidentiality, integrity, and availability of applicable systems or solutions to deployed systems.
• Participate in the development of and maintain security, contingency and system documentation of systems including diagrams, schema logical and physical layouts.
• Provide effective resolutions to hardware and operating system software problems utilizing industry best practices and client corporate standards.
Education / Minimum Requirements
• Bachelors Degree (MIS, Computer Science, or related field)
• Five years designing and managing a complex server and virtual infrastructure
• Eight plus years experience in a position requiring IT technical problem-solving skills
• Strong self-management skills including, organization, time management and prioritization
• Practical experience with system documentation tools and methods
• Prior experience with technology implementation and management methodologies in on premise Data Centers and in a Cloud environment
• Functional understanding of inter-operational relationships of various infrastructure components of an IT infrastructure including but not limited to virtualization technology, server systems, storage technology, network technology, information security and operational knowledge of application tools.
• Strong analytical ability, including capacity planning, operations methodology, and error detection and resolution techniques.
• Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills and customer service skills.
• Practical understanding of IT process application
• Customer interface skills including problem solving, conflict resolution and team building.
• Technical experience architecting, designing, and/or deploying high-availability, complex computing environments.
• Technical experience with the following IT Infrastructure Domains is an extreme plus:
o ESX and various VMWare technologies and solutions
o Windows 2008, 2012, & 2016 Server
o Active Directory and other means of authentication
o Cloud design and management – Azure, AWS, VMC
o Linux RHEL OS
o Backup solutions including disk and tape