Please note that this is a 6 month contract position.
The Sr. Middleware Administrator applies deep technical expertise in IBM and other middleware technologies, to the design, implementation, testing, and ongoing support of the CMIPS II middleware infrastructure.
• Troubleshoots and resolves middleware issues across development, testing, and production environments.
• Performs deployments of custom and Commercial Off the Shelf (COTS) code/software.
• Installs, configures, and manages middleware applications located in HP Data Centers, working with internal service groups as required to ensure system availability and uptime meet project requirements.
• Installs, configures, and manages middleware applications located in State Data Centers, working with State service groups (OTech) as required to ensure system availability and uptime meet project requirements.
• Develops scripts to automate systems administration and monitoring activities.
Analyzes monitoring results to produce recommendations for improving performance and operational efficiency of middleware components.
• Works with CMIPS II Sr. Systems Engineer and Architect on issues related to middleware infrastructure design and architecture, and assists with Proof Of Concept testing.
• Works with peers within and beyond the Operations team to define and characterize complex technology or process problems and develop & implement new solutions.
• As needed, assists with the development of Operations white papers, proposals, deliverables, and other documentation.
Required Experience & Skills
• 5-7 years of J2EE Application Server administration experience in a large production environment, 3-5 in an IBM WebSphere shop.
• 3-5 years experience with Tivoli Directory Server/LDAP, IBM WebSphere Process Server, or equivalent technologies.
• 3 years of SAP Business Objects server administration.
• Ability to exercise independent judgment in driving technical problems to resolution.
• Excellent troubleshooting and root cause-analysis skills.
• Excellent working knowledge of UNIX server technologies, preferably AIX.
• Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to mentor other team members in areas of technical expertise.
Desired Experience & Skills
• Familiarity with CA AutoSys Batch Scheduler, Pervasive Data Integrator (PDI), Adobe Central Pro Output Server, Pitney Bowes Coding Accuracy Support System (CASS), LMS Lite, CA Wily IntroScope, RenderX, CA Service Desk, Quick Test Pro, Tivoli Storage Manager, VMWare and Windows server technologies or equivalents.
• Strong Working knowledge of
o Database technologies, preferably DB2.
o Local and Wide area networking technologies.
o Storage technologies including SAN and NAS.
• 3-5 years of experience working in an outsourced/managed services environment.
• Experience in a customer-facing role on an outsourced/managed services project.
• Familiarity with SDLC and/or other systems development methodologies.
• Experience developing project plans and work breakdown structures.
For consideration, please reference job number 1358.
San Francisco, CA, 94159Contact