Title: Sr. Java/Scala Engineer
Location: Portland, OR
Job #: KR3077211020
Note: This job is not open to C2C or 3rd party candidates.
IGNW is an engineering-based resourcing company headquartered in Portland, OR with GEO based teams in Seattle, WA / Austin & Dallas, TX / Southeast US / California. We have global partnerships to deliver the industry's top technical solutions and talent to every one of our clients. Some of our strategic partnerships include Google Cloud, Hashicorp, Puppet, Cisco, and Docker.
So many reasons, one being IGNW being voted Glassdoor's Best Places to Work in 2020 across the U.S. and eight other countries. See the details here https://www.thrillist.com/news/nation/glassdoor-best-places-to-work-2020 . IGNW also earned the Best of Staffing Award for providing remarkable service to job seekers, hiring managers and current Contractors. Check it out! https://www.bestofstaffing.com/agency/ignw/
We are proud to foster a great team working environment and offer highly competitive compensation and full benefits packages including medical, flexible spending accounts, dental, vision, 401k and more
Take a look and see if this is a match.... or any other jobs posted!
Our client is looking for a Sr. Java/Scala Engineer with the following skills and experience:
• Design and build micro-services in Java and Scala
• Design and build highly-available and highly-performant NoSQL persistence layers leveraging DynamoDB, Redis, etc.
• Review and give feedback on technical designs, code and tests to ensure best practices and being followed
• Harness DevOps skills to improve unifying software development, operations and stability
• Profile and performance tune to enhance the platform and provide visibility into system limits and scaling needs
• Establishing and maintain collaborative partnerships with architects and other teams to provide and receive insight into solution and implementation approaches
• Test through automation to ensure code and functional quality of the platform
• Minimum of 5 years of directly relevant work experience as a software engineer
• Minimum of 3 years of experience building scalable, highly available, distributed Java RESTful APIs
• Experience writing automated tests using JUnit, ScalaTest, Cucumber, Spock and Specs
• Experience using Functional Reactive Programming
• Experience with the Akka libraries, HTTP is a must
• Experience with applications hosted in Amazon Web Services
• Experience using Amazon Web Services: CloudFormation, CloudWatch, SQS, SNS, S3, DynamoDB, Kinesis, EMR, ElasticCache and Elasticsearch
• Strong working knowledge of basic computer science data structures and algorithms, NoSQL databases, Inversion of Control (IoC) and other common patterns and practices gained with experience in the above requirements
Please note: Candidates may need to pass a drug and/or background check.
Please send in your resume today and be sure to get a quick response from one of our onsite recruiters:
Check out our reviews here: glassdoor.com
To view other IGNW opportunities please visit https://www.ignw.io/jobs