The Senior Cloud Engineer will design, develop, and install software solutions. The key project for this role is greenfield and offers the most current tools and technologies for the core team. In this role, you will be required to build high-quality, innovative, and fully performing software in compliance with coding standards and technical design. The role requires the skills as a seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of industry practices and company policies and procedures. You will resolve a wide range of issues in imaginative as well as practical ways. The selected candidate may have the responsibility for planning, developing, and directing a small engineering team.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND OPPORTUNITIES
- Design and build highly scalable, resilient, performant cloud microservices and APIs that interface with business applications like SAP and Salesforce
- Work with QA in close collaboration on developing testing processes, frameworks, automation, and deployment strategies
- Work with architects on software and system optimizations, helping to identify and remove potential performance bottlenecks?
- Focus on innovating new and better ways to create solutions that add value
- Coordinate and communicate with product management, program management, QA, cloud operations, technical support, and sales teams at various stages of product development.
- May oversee the professional development of any direct reports, providing mentorship and leadership. Train and mentor, establish performance goals, and perform staff assessments.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience preferred
- 5+ years of software development experience
- 2+ years of working experience in Java
- 2+ years of designing and developing microservices
- Strong OOD and Design Patterns principles
- Experience building and developing high quality solutions on AWS, Azure, or similar cloud platforms
- Cloud-based distributed application scaling & data processing
- NoSQL database systems such as DynamoDb, Mongo, Cassandra, HBase, or BigTable
- RDBMS systems such as Postgress, MySql, or MS SQL Server
- Caching systems such as Redis, Consul, or Memcache
- Experience with Docker containers
- Strong professional experience with Git and software development process
- Proven track record of leading a team - your ambitious about standards and executing with excellence
- Strong knowledge of agile development practices, methodologies and tools