Sr. Java Developer (Financial Trading ) Location: McLean, VA Duration: 12 months
As part of the Client Payments Modernization program, the BE Trading Analytics Model Development Director is seeking a Senior Developer to work with the Scrum-based Pay Mod team to design, develop, and implement a new payments system for the company.
- Engage with the Scrum team to define the requirements and design the new payments system.
- Application development, prototyping, and high level technical consulting.
- Work closely with team members and business partners to develop cutting edge technology solutions under tight deadlines.
- Predict effects of configuration changes; identify application bottlenecks and opportunities to optimize performance.
- Support issue resolution and completion of ad-hoc requests in support of business partners within the Payments Modernization universe.
- 5-7 years of IT experience in design, development, integration and testing of software solutions based on J2EE technologies, Spring Boot, Spring Data, RESTful Services, and Angular6.
- 5-7 years of experience with relational databases including Sybase, SQL Server, MySQL, and/or DB2.
- 2-3 years of experience with managing, building, and deploying code through tools including Eclipse, Bitbucket, Gradle, Docker, and Jenkins.
- 2-3 years of experience designing and executing JUnit test cases using Mockito framework based on business requirements and functional specifications.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical, and technical skills.
- Ability to think critically and act expeditiously to evaluate situations, make decisions and solve problems.
- Flexible and versatile to adapt to any new environment and work on any project.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, and ability to work well with a variety of personalities.
- Ability to work effectively with continuous change and short deadlines.
- Demonstrated business acumen, problem solving skills, intellectual maturity, and relationship management skills.