Description Job Description:
Leidos has an upcoming position we're hiring for a Sr. Java Developer / Architect
for our SSA ITSSC program in Baltimore, MD. You are an Architect who understands the big picture and the power of integrating people, process and technology to deliver effective technology solutions. You have the soft skills and business acumen are critical when working with our customers in managing change and driving requirements. Additionally, we're looking for people who can think strategically and are able to see the big picture. You will assist in building our target architecture delivering our enterprise architecture goals of modernization, efficiency, speed and agility. You will also demonstrate a mastery in a variety of technologies and tools and how they are best utilized in a modern development environment. You must demonstrate extensive knowledge in multiple development languages, software development and best practices, system design, continuous integration, continuous delivery, automation tools, testing, tool integrations, and communication. You will demonstrate knowledge of container orchestration, cloud solutions and services in a hybrid cloud environment. You also must be self-motivated and show initiative to identify, research, design, develop, and promote solutions that enhance the modern development environment.Roles / Responsibilities
Key Required Skills:
- Understand customers' business problems and assist with the development of solutions that impact strategic project and program goals.
- Mentor and lead a team of several developers. Monitor their assignments, review progress and provide technical direction as needed.
- Design and develop applications from the functional requirements.
- Design and develop key application components as microservices by adapting The Twelve-Factor App methodology using Spring Boot, Java and RESTful architecture.
- Create POCs, templates for developing Behavior Driven Development (BDD) test framework for the APIs using Cucumber, Gherkin, and Java.
- Lead the direction, definition and support the governance of presentation architecture strategy.
- Collaborate with architects, senior leadership, security, developers, operations, and systems, customers to design or review enterprise and departmental applications.
- Responsible for promoting and socializing enterprise wide recommendations and strategy.
- Responsible for implementing, managing and evaluating POCs and pilots.
- Responsible for building and driving alignment to an Enterprise Presentation Reference Architecture.
- Ability to influence delivery, enterprise architects and leadership to align to an enterprise presentation architecture.
- Bachelors degree and 12 years' relevant experience
- Experience migrating legacy applications to containerized solutions such as Openshift or Kubernetes.
- Experience architecting and deploying cloud-native applications onto Amazon Web Services (AWS) or similar.
- Experience identifying requirements, researching options, designing and implementing solutions at a leadership level on project work.
- Experience with testing tool such as Selenium.
- Experience with modern development software, tools, and methodologies; Jenkins, Git/BitBucket, Jira, Nexus, Maven, Jenkins, OpenShift, UrbanCode Deploy.
- Experience working on Agile projects and understanding Agile terminology.
- Excellent communication and written skills.
- Experience providing architectural guidance and solutions to multiple projects at a time.
- Experience providing technical leadership and guidance to the team of more than 15 developers.
- Experience with the implementation of Section 508 standards for Web Applications.
- Exposure to writing Technical White Papers and systems design documents.
- Prior experience with federal or state governments IT projects.
- Prior experience working on applications that help identify fraudulent activities (Anti-Fraud) in government or larger private organizations.
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance