Job Title : Java Developer IV
Location : Rockville, MD 20850
Position : Perm Contract
Summary: The main function of a Java Developer is to design, develop, and implement web-based Java applications to support business requirements.
- Analyze highly complex business requirements; generate technical specifications to design or redesign complex software components and applications
- Act as an expert technical resource for modeling, simulation and analysis efforts
- Leverage industry Java best practices to design, test, implement and support a multi-tier origination Java solution Assure quality security and compliance requirements are met for supported area
- Be flexible and thrive in an evolving environment
- Adapt to change quickly and adjust work accordingly in a positive manner
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required8+ years’ experience required
- Java/J2EE development experience
- Hands on experience in designing, developing and successful deployment of large scale, Java/J2EE projects from end-to-end
- Hands on experience in following the iterative and agile SDLC
- Extensive knowledge and application of Java best practices along with experience with application servers and database servers
- Experience in implementing design patterns and ability to adapt to changing patterns quickly
Additional Skills and Experience
- Highly motivated self-starter.
- Excellent communication and collaboration - a team player.
- Experience with AWS technologies - ElasticSearch, SNS/SQS, Lambda, ECS, EMR, S3.
- Big Data experience, Hive, SQL.
- Expert Java/Springboot developer. Scala experience a plus.
- Advance the platform technology vision while meeting customer demands.
- Mentor other software engineers on the team.
- Use cutting-edge technologies to promote new ways of solving problems.
- Proven track record developing platform solutions.
- Experience working in Agile/Scrum environments.