Job title: Sr. Programmer Analyst (Sr. Java Developer)
Location: Reston, VA
Duration: 6 months C2H
Position type: Contract to hire
Interview Process: Phone & In person/Skype
Required Skills and Experience:
- Advanced proficiency in Object Oriented (OO) Programming: Advanced skill in OO programming languages, with advanced ability in at least one OO language (preferably Java) is required.
- Advanced understanding in complex concepts of data organization: Advanced skills with RDBMS.
- Advanced understanding of SDLC such as Waterfall, AGILE, SCRUM etc.
- Advanced knowledge of information systems design principles and current/emerging trends in this field is required.
- Knowledge of policies, standards, procedures, and techniques used for application development is required.
- Strong ability to think logically and structurally and have attention to detail is required.
- Strong Analytical skills and strong Communications skills, both written (with emphasis on technical documentation) and verbal, are required.
- Ability to work effortlessly and efficiently in high performing and self-governing teams.
- Ability to work independently on most size projects.
Technical Skills and Desired Proficiency:
- Java, Spring/Struts, iBATIS Advanced to Expert
- JSP / JSF Novice Advanced to Expert
- SQL Advanced to Expert
- UML Advanced
- Eclipse IDE Advanced
- Junit Intermediate
- SVN Intermediate
- Build Automation Scripts using ANT Advanced
- Maven and Gradle Advanced
Other Skills :
- Hands-on programming knowledge of PL/SQL
- Experience with any SQL Tools: Oracle SQL Developer, Toad, or PL/SQL Developer
- Experience implementing system solutions in the Private health insurance industry.
- Knowledge of policy governing the Health and Human services programs such as Medicaid, CHIP, Long Term Services and Child Support.
- Experience working on state MMIS systems or implementing system solutions to support Integrated Eligibility (Medicaid. CHIP, TANF, SNAP, LTSS)
- Java Foundations Certified (Professional level) Preferred
- Java SE Oracle Certified (Professional level) Preferred
- Oracle Database SQL Certified Preferred
- ITIL Foundation Certification Preferred
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology (IT), or closely related field.
- Master s in Computer Science or related degree.
Reliable Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reliable Software does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business needs.