As long as there are people who make the world a better place, we’ll keep making a difference for them. Since 1918, it has been TIAA’s mission to serve those who serve others. It is this mission and the values we embrace that make us a different kind of financial services organization.
When you work here at TIAA, you’re not just in it for yourself. You are part of something bigger. A collective mission to make a difference – a collective mission we make our own.
To be difference makers.
For more information about TIAA, visit our website
. POSITION SUMMARY:
The Sr. Java Developer is a hands-on technical role that will focus on the backend development of a file processing application within Institutional Retirement. This role will sit out of our Charlotte, NC office. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Interpret written business requirements, functional requirements and technical specification documents to design and develop technical solutions that meet business needs
- Collaborate with IT and Business partners to design, develop, and troubleshoot end to end technical solutions
- Perform system design and specification development, program logic and flow-charting that meets the stated project objectives
- Identify resource needs and work with the Project Manager to build project team
- Identifies and manages dependencies and downstream impacts of the project to minimize adverse effects on other projects and / or programs
- Provide status and progress updates to Project Manager
- Identify and communicate technical risks, issues, and changes
- Perform coding to written technical specifications
- Contribute to design review meetings with other members of Application Development
- Perform complex defect verification, debugging, testing and support
- Investigate, analyze and document reported defects
- Create and maintain technical documentation using defined technical documentation templates that meet SDLC standards
- 4 or more years programming experience with Java/ J2ee technologies in an enterprise environment
- Spring Batch
- SQL query experience
- Experience web services SOAP/REST
- 7 or more years backend programming experience with Java/ J2ee technologies in an enterprise environment
- Web application development experience
- Working knowledge of multi-threading
- Financial Services industry experience
- Retirement industry experience
- Knowledge of Python would be a plus
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it’s our commitment. Read more about the Equal Employment Opportunity Law
If you need assistance applying due to being visually or hearing impaired, please email Careers Help
. This organization is an equal employment opportunity (EEO) employer, dedicated to maintaining a work environment free of bias, harassment, discrimination and retaliation. As an EEO employer, this organization expressly prohibits discrimination, harassment, and retaliation on the basis of race, creed, ethnicity, color, age, religion, sex, sex stereotype, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions where applicable), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, marital status, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, requesting a reasonable accommodation based on mental or physical disability, medical condition (as defined by applicable law), genetic history and information, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law or ordinance or regulation (collectively referred to here as ‘protected characteristics’).
*©2016 Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association of America (TIAA), 730 Third Avenue, New York, NY 10017