We have an immediate opening for “Hadoop Admin (Kafka)”.
Job Location: Newark, NJ 07102
Job Duration: 12 + month contract (possible extension)
Client: Broadridge (https://www.broadridge.com/intl/about/ )
Notes from Hiring Manager:
Looking for KAFKA Admin from System admin background
Someone from software dev background may lose the interest down the line so prefer from system background
Good with linux
Good with either python or shell
Good Kafka administration skill, Hadoop admin will work
• Standing up and administer on premise Kafka cluster.
Ability to architect and create reference architecture for kafka Implementation standards
• Provide expertise in Kafka brokers, zookeepers, Kafka connect, schema registry, KSQL, Rest proxy and Kafka Control center.
• Ensure optimum performance, high availability and stability of solutions.
• Create topics, setup redundancy cluster, deploy monitoring tools, alerts and has good knowledge of best practices.
• Create stubs for producers, consumers and consumer groups for helping onboard applications from different languages/platforms.
• Provide administration and operations of the Kafka platform like provisioning, access lists Kerberos and SSL configurations.
• Use automation tools like provisioning using Docker, Jenkins and GitLab.
• Ability to perform data related benchmarking, performance analysis and tuning.
• Strong skills in In-memory applications, Database Design, Data Integration.
• Involve in design and capacity review meetings to provide suggestion in Kafka usage.
• Solid knowledge of monitoring tools and fine tuning alerts on Splunk, Prometheus, Grafana ,Splunk.
• Setting up security on Kafka.
• Providing naming conventions, Backup & Recovery and problem determination strategies for the projects.
• Monitor, prevent and troubleshoot security related issues.
• Provide strategic vision in engineering solutions that touch the messaging queue aspect of the infrastructure
1248 Reamwood Ave Sunnyvale, CA, 94089