Please note I have direct access to the Hiring Director on this position.
The industry leading social media planning company is looking for Sr. and Mid-Level Python Engineers. The company has been in business for 10+ years, has 100+ employees, has 100+ million users and is owned by an extremely large Media Company that has $7+ Billion in Sales and $1+Billion in Income. The company has been voted in the top 10 of the Best Places to Work in the Los Angeles area.
The Sr. and Mid-Level Python Engineers will perform new development and enhancements of a high volume digital platform for the social industry that handles 100+ million users and 20+K hits/hour. The Python Engineers will:
- Perform full life cycle development process of OO Python consisting of design, development and deployment of brand new products from the ground up running in the Cloud.
- Be exposed and become an expert in a GCP development environment (experience w/cloud is not mandatory). The company has fully implemented and deployed the Google Compute Platform and the Python Developers will be working with the Google Application Engine, Google Storage/Datastore, Google Machine Learning and GCP Development Tools.
- Develop within an architecture that is based on the latest Python Django framework. The Python Developers will perform development in short Sprints of brand new highly complex, fault tolerant, scalable high-performance systems utilizing Python 2.7 (moving up to 3.6.3) deployed on Linux. The development teams are currently utilizing Jenkins for CI, Netflix’s Spinnaker for Continuous Development, Google Kubernetes for deploying containerized applications and GIT for source control.
The company offers 1-2 days/week telecommuting, full benefits (PPO & HMO) including dental and vision, matching 401K, unlimited PTO/Vacation, flexible time off, VR room, Short and Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Wellness Programs, extremely casual dress and flexible work hours that all start upon employment.
- MUST HAVE 3-5+ years industry experience designing, building and supporting high volume systems in Python
- Experience developing secure public-facing web applications in Python
- This is an outstanding opportunity for a Python Engineer to build and/or enhance their experience by building new bleeding edge systems from the ground up in a cloud environment. The Python Engineer will advance their skill set in an environment which promotes sharing, collaboration, growth, and professionalism. The Hiring Director of Engineering, CTO and the company have an established reputation for allowing Engineers to progress their careers at aggressive paces and to be exposed to new, complex and bleeding edge technologies.
- The Python Developer will work within an Agile environment (including standups, sprint planning, and retrospectives) and will be responsible for new development of robust high-volume complex high-performance based products, systems and API’s by implementing the latest bleeding edge technologies available.
- If the skill set and background permits, the Principal Python developer will create architecture designs and documentation, build prototypes, perform issue identification, facilitate Agile development methodologies and mentor Python engineers.
- The Python Developers report to the Director of Engineering.
Experience with any of the following are only a Plus (NOT mandatory):
- Any exposure to development within a GCP or AWS Cloud environment
- Should have experience developing within an Agile/Scrum environment or other iterative approach
- Any experience developing within a CI environment (Jenkins, etc.)
- Any experience with CI, CD or containerized deployment and automation
- Any experience designing application architectures is a plus
- Any automated testing experience with Selenium, Pytest, etc.
- BS and/or MS in CS, Engineering, Math, Physics or equivalent is a plus