CGI is currently hiring a Java Developer with experience in AngularJS or BackboneJS, to join our team in Herndon, VA. This is an opportunity to grow your career with one of the TOP Global IT Services firms.
- We work with 22 of the top 30 banks globally
- 20 of the top 25 banks in the Americas
- 19 of the top 20 banks in Europe
- 30 products for credit, risk mgmt, payments, trade finance, wealth management and more
- Full-time opportunity to become a member of an organization w/$10 billion+ in annual revenues
- 65,000 employees in 40 countries Your future duties and responsibilities
In this role, you will work on new development as we sunset older applications in order to create a more robust pricing utility for our capital markets team. You will actively participate in development teams' efforts to determine unit needs and business processes that are automated by the application. Participate in or review all of the steps in the software development life cycle to create and modify the software.
- Participate with team of technical staff and business managers or practitioners in the business unit to determine systems requirements and functionalities needed in large/complex development project.
- Assess and develop high-level design requirements for the project and communicate in writing or in meetings with the development team. Assess detailed specifications against design requirements.
- Review coding done to advance application upgrade, extension, or other development. Analyze application for data integrity issues.
- Develop test protocols or plan for testing revised application and review test results.
- May serve as project lead or lead technical staff in course of application development project
- May mentor less experienced technical staff; may use high-end development tools to assist or facilitate the development process. Required qualifications to be successful in this role
- 8+ years of hands-on development experience is a must
- 8+ years of hands-on development experience w/JAVA, Spring, Hibernate, REST/SOAP, a
- You must have experience w either AngularJS or BackboneJS
- Experience with Web Services is a must
- Experience developing in an agile environment
- Experience in Oracle 11g/12c
- DevOps knowledge of MAVEN and Jenkins is a nice to have
- The majority of development will be done in REST, but SOAP experience is required
- Must be available for an in-person interview or via Skype.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
*LI-RP1 At CGI, we're a team of builders. We call our employees members because all who join CGI are building their own company - one that has grown to 65,000 professionals located in 40 countries. Founded in 1976, CGI is a leading IT and business process services firm committed to helping clients succeed. We have the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for our clients - and for our members. Come grow with us. Learn more at www.cgi.com.
This is a great opportunity to join a winning team. CGI offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. Benefits for full-time, permanent members start on the first day of employment and include a paid time-off program and profit participation and stock purchase plans.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary depending upon specific assignment, or upon any US government security clearance if required. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, gender Identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, or other status protected by law. CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless
the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.
* Java Enterprise Editions JEE