We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client?s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ?own your tomorrow? every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Sr. Software Development Engineer will with work with technical and business partners to design and maintain optimal programming and environment solutions. Job activities will involve research and documenting production environments, architecture, developing solutions and support the tools and processes to gather detailed user requirements, architect/develop a solution and drive strategic planning discussions with technical, business, and client stakeholders.
What you?ll do:
- Work with technical and business experts to create and support optimal production and test environment solutions
- Research and development of (functional and technical specifications documents) production and test environments, architecture/design/develop solutions
- Develop plans for proof of concept and validation of technology/solutions
- Develop and support the tools and processes to gather detailed user requirements
- Participate in strategic planning discussions with technical, business, and client stakeholders
- Identify gaps in processes and services across environments
- Review programming and environment changes and raise awareness for potential impacts
- Effective and efficient utilization of programming tools
- Architect and develop effective solutions that are in line with the organization's vision
- Actively participate in product design and development sessions
- Provide direction to less experienced Programmer/Analysts
- Identify gaps in processes and services across production and test environments
- Develop architectural diagrams/documents, develop software codes and automated test scripts
- Write efficient, easy to follow technical documentation
- Act as liaison between technical and non-technical counterparts
What you have:
- 8-10 years of experience with the following: Java, Spring framework, cloud development and Web Services (REST, SOAP) supporting high volume transactions in a highly available environment
- 2+ years' of experience in Cloud deployment in a continuous integration and continuous delivery model
- 2+ years' of experience with continuous build process using bamboo/bit bucket, git etc.
- 2+ years of experience with .NET framework and programming tools (Visual Studio) and C# is nice to have
- Prior experience in IT Transformations and system modernization initiative from legacy to distributed platforms; migration of APIs to Public cloud solutions
- Deep knowledge of API security (OAUTH knowledge), API designs and various security mechanisms deployed in cloud
- Proficient in developing Visio diagrams, architectural and design documentations, functional and technical specifications, automated test process
- Ability to research and document production and test environments along with architecture and design work
- 3-4 years of experience in Cloud Native Apps, public cloud, Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- Prior experience with SaaS API management product, such as Apigee, experience using Drupal
- Experience with Agile methodology and Agile working environment and tools such as JIRA and other Atlassian tools
- Ability to effectively engage subject matter experts and understand technical topics
- Ability to work effectively with technical and business experts
- Willingness and ability to learn all aspects of test data management and associated tools
- Ability to analyze and solve problems creatively
- Ability to meet deadlines, goals and objectives
- Ability to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders including offshore teams and manage offshore development activities
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of the following Mainframe tools/software: Batch Processing, Cobol, DB2, and Changeman is a plus
What you?ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an equal employment opportunity employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. (Please click here to see policy.) Schwab is also an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. We believe diversity and inclusion are part of our success as a company and our purpose of serving every client with passion and integrity.
If you need an accommodation in the application process, please email email@example.com or call HR Direct at 800-725-3535.
|Languages:||English - spoken|
|Current Licenses / Certifications:||None|
|Relevant Work Experience:||IT-Distributed and Web Development-6+ yrs|
|Position Located In:||TX - Austin|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Activation Date: Friday, May 24, 2019
Expiration Date: Tuesday, August 27, 2019 Apply Here