This position is for a senior software applications engineer position responsible for implementing innovative solutions that support our business within our Java application integration infrastructure. The Sales and Service Technology is a forward leaning development organization that leverages agile methodologies. The position will be responsible for design, implementation, testing, and support of assigned application components within the Sales and Service Technology portfolio. This position will interact with business stakeholders and technology counterparts across many areas within Schwab. What you are good at
Work with agile team members. Provide creative solutions via the application of technology in a highly dynamic environment. Implement software to meet functional requirements as well as being robust, fault tolerant, and 24x7x365 available. Provide expertise in web based, distributed, and cloud based computing application development. What you have
Why work for us?
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- 5+ years' experience working with distributed applications across the full development and operational support life cycle with strong with focus in backend development
- 2+ years of technical lead experience
- Experience with Core Java, Spring 4, Spring Boot, and OpenAPI Specification
- Skilled with HTTP and RESTful service development, relational and non-relational data stores, and Java development/build tools (such as Jira, IntelliJ, Git, Maven, Cucumber, and Bamboo)
- Demonstrated knowledge of design patterns and when to apply them
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams, working collaboratively across team boundaries
- Demonstrated ability to work alone or in a group while multi-tasking on different projects
- Ability to mentor other teammates on Java design and development
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Working knowledge of the Agile/Scrum development methodology a plus
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home-today and in the future. Explore further .
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at or call.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.