Kforce has a client that is seeking a Sr. Linux/Windows Systems Admin in San Diego, California (CA). This role is currently 100% remote and will switch back to an office environment when COVID-19 restrictions are lifted.
* Provide operational and technical support to ensure ongoing stability and optimization of the server environment
* Design and implement the infrastructure and services to meet business goals
* Ensure performance and maintenance of the operating systems on all servers, including end user support, patching, backup and recovery, process automation, server installation and configuration, and various support
* Analyze system performance and processes and recommend improvements
* Proactively Identify potential system and network issues, collaborate with appropriate parties on resolutions, and ensure implementation of resolutions
* Coordinate, schedule, test and implement all enhancements or new releases of the server operating systems and business critical software
* Understand IT infrastructure and implement storage designs and rollouts
* Provide technical support for complex issues related to the server and storage environment and applications residing on these servers, including investigating the issues and implementing the solutions
* Develop and maintain standard operating procedures and protocols
* Analyze need, determine impact and perform hardware and software installation and upgrades on Wintel, Unix, and storage devices
* Bachelor's degree in IT, related field or equivalent experience
* 5+ years of system administration experience
* Experience with Microsoft Windows Operations and UNIX systems
* Understanding of clustering concepts, backup solutions, patching, system security standards, and virtualization technologies
* Understanding of commands/utilities with fiber channel architecture, storage array systems, enterprise backups, and disaster recovery methodologies preferred
Qualified candidates must be presently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. This company does not sponsor or transfer H1-visa individuals.
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.