Apex Systems is looking for a REMOTE Linux / Windows Systems Admin
supporting one of our large government clients based out of Alexandria, Virginia.
If you are looking for remote work in the DoD cleared space, please email Emily at firstname.lastname@example.org with your current resume to begin your application! In order to be considered for this position, candidates must be US Citizens and willing to obtain/maintain at minimum, an Interim DoD Secret Clearance per a condition of employment. Position:
Linux/Windows Systems Administrator Terms
: Permanent, Direct-Hire Location:
Mostly remote (maybe 2 days/month in office) out of Alexandria, VA Clearance Requirement:
Must be able to obtain/ maintain a DoD Secret Clearance Shift:
Standard Business hours (no travel) Type:
Full time/ Direct HireProject Details
Our System Administration team is looking for an efficiency-minded partner to help manage and optimize a Department of Defense (DoD) cloud-based mission application development and hosting platform supporting thousands of DoD personnel. Our team members have decades of IT operations knowledge and a cross-training culture, eager to share what they know and engage your experience.
Bring a strong grasp of your skill areas, an openness to learning new technologies, and a drive to share your knowledge with our team. Our goal is to provide superior cloud-native infrastructure backed by scalable, efficient, automation-friendly tools and processes to the DoD community. You'll partner with multifunctional teams of skilled engineers, database analysts, software developers, security professionals, and business managers all passionate about creating scalable and secure products for our developers and clients. Required Background
- Enterprise Linux or Unix OS experience: You can build, configure, and place servers in production.
- Strong Windows Server familiarity: You can build the server, install roles, and know what mmc is. You've heard of Russinovich.
- Experience implementing web server technologies like HTTPD, Tomcat, IIS:. You've used F12. You know a request header from a DOM object. You've reconfigured cipher suites for production webservers.
- Scripting knowledge: BASH, PowerShell, Perl, Python. You know how to make the server administer itself.
- General networking knowledge: CIDR isn't a drink. You know how traceroute works.
- DevOps familiarity: You've heard of Infrastructure as Code. Developers and automation don't frighten you.
- In-depth AD knowledge: Schemas, Sites and Services, ADSI, Kerberos, LDAP, UPNs
- Virtualization experience: VMWare ESX, NSX. Hyper-V. KVM. We'll even count cgroups.
- Cloud migration experience: Azure, AWS, OpenShift, VMWare
- Knowledge of container and hyper-converged infrastructure technologies: Kubernetes, Docker, Podman, Rancher, Tanzu, PortWorx
- System Center Operations Manager (SCOM)
- Public Key Infrastructure (PKI)
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at email@example.com