Apex Systems has an immediate opportunity for a REMOTE Sr. Mainframe Engineer
based in Ft. Knox, KY. This is a long-term contract-to-hire position supporting a division of the federal government, and compensation ranges depending on experience. This position is contingent upon funding and is expected to start in January 2021.
If you are interested, or if you would like more information, please contact Brianna
and reference Job #1085821 Must have at least a SECRET Clearance Unavailable for C2C
Responsibilities of the Sr. Mainframe Engineer:
- Collaborate with stakeholders to design new or upgrade current Mainframe services and capabilities.
- Perform senior-level system administration tasks including configuring remote storage, shell scripting, setting kernel run-time parameters, and configuration of network services such as file sharing, web, Secure Shell (SSH), and File Transfer Protocol
- Create high availability clusters, manage logical volumes and snapshots, configure enterprise management systems, and deploy and manage Enterprise Systems in a scalable, efficient manner
- Build and release updates and configuration changes using a central package manager tool set and create version control repositories.
- Use standard system tools to analyze and improve the performance of enterprise systems and applications running on the Mainframe
- Create, maintain, and extend Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) framework-based enterprise applications and interactions
- Develop enterprise integration patterns to route, mediate, and transform messages and other information flows between enterprise services
- Create and update container images and links to containers as well as automate the management and deployment of systems in an enterprise environment
Required Experience of the Sr. Mainframe Engineer:
- A minimum ten years of overall IT experience, with five (5) years of experience as a Lead/Senior Mainframe Engineer in support of Mainframe systems administration, job coding and deployment, and scripting of Mainframe administration tasks
- Experience with IBM z/OS mainframe systems
- Experience with Nutanix is highly preferred
- Successful work history of integrating and sustaining Mainframe services.
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred
- Possess the required IA and CE certifications for the assigned role
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or