The Retail Web Technology (RWT) organization leads the development and maintenance of Schwab's premier digital platform for retail clients - individual investors just like you.
Our team is seeking a talented Senior Manager, who embraces being a technical leader and has a real passion for helping teams to build compelling interactive web applications using state of the art technologies. Our mission is to build elegant solutions that achieve measurable value, which empower our clients, in a fun and engaging environment.
In RWT, we work hard every day to improve the experience for our clients, using cutting-edge technology and creative solutions to hard problems.
As our Senior Manager, you will lead multiple agile teams which deliver features to Schwab's retail and mobile websites. In this role you have the opportunity to manage development efforts for new projects as well as ongoing maintenance tasks. You are the leader of several engineering initiatives, driving success through your direct and indirect reports and business partners. You manage application developers, technical analysts, and Scrum masters, and work closely with architects and business project managers.
We prioritize people leadership and strong organizational skills, and value your technical excellence and passion for building and growing teams integral to our DevOps transformation. The ability to understand, align, and communicate RWT technology decisions to business leadership is an essential component of your success.
We are a leading edge technology organization with savvy technologists who love to deliver great products. As a Schwabbie, you listen to others with an open mind, foster diverse inputs, and respectfully convey your thoughts and opinions in pursuit of our collective goals.
- 8+ years of IT experience in technical, project, and offshore vendor management capabilities
• 5+ years of people leadership experience with software engineering teams
• 5+ years of Agile experience, running medium/large complex projects with multiple dependencies through planning, implementation, release, and support
• 3+ years of experience in the Financial Services Industry
- Knowledge of the OWASP Top 10 and experience managing security engineers working on client facing software
- Strong technology affinity and experience, as well as attention to detail and the ability to design, execute, and maintain strategic goals and metrics
• Broad and deep knowledge of IT/software technology and trends in application development and testing, business intelligence, database administration, and infrastructure support
• Good knowledge of the Atlassian and/or Microsoft suite of development tools
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline
• Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills
• Ability to independently work as a contributing member of a fast-paced and focused team
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to thrive in a dynamic team environment across multiple locations and time zones