Responsible for working with all groups within IT to manage the daily operational task/s for the Backup Platform. This includes requirements and risks and to plan, directing, and coordinate the Backup activities. Manage and mentor a group of Backup Engineers. Interface with high level executives and create executive level reporting.
• Manage a growing team of Backup professionals
• Manage team productivity with leadership, guidance and a learning environment that results in employee retention and personal growth.
• Define and implement standards that improve the backup processes
• Promote and cultivate a client-focused, service-oriented culture within the team.
• Manage effective working relationships with internal and external customers.
• Ensure processes meet all audit and budget requirements
• Working knowledge of Networker backup products
• Must be able to work closely with other towers to ensure effective delivery of our Backup solutions
• Must be able to manage to a budget, forecast new expenses and increase efficiencies when possible
• Must be able to motivate existing staff and recruit new talent as needed.
Hands on with EMC - Networker management tool
Clear and thorough knowledge with quality management and derive in-process metrics
Ability to learn quickly and work independently
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Professional and ethical at all times
Energy, initiative, and a positive attitude
Must be willing to successfully complete any and all CGI/client specific background & security checks.
Working knowledge of MS Office products (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Visio, SharePoint)
Strong documentation skills along with the ability to train junior level personnel
Desire to expand responsibilities beyond initially defined job responsibilities to support emerging needs within the organization
Ability to effectively aggregate, organize, and present information
Pragmatic ability to balance process compliance, quality, innovation, and expedience
Exceptional collaboration, negotiation, and interpersonal skills
Ability to lead through influence
Ability to be effective in a fast-paced, quickly changing environment
Works well under pressure
Agile & DevOps Concepts
Experience with ITIL v3 preferredd