Austin - TX, AUS1, 2309 Gracy Farms Lane, 78758
Michelle Laura Rocke
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Charles Schwab’s Digital Services division is responsible for leading digital disruption on behalf of investors and advisors. We want every interaction to be simple and easy. We collaborate with user experience and design, business and technology partners across the enterprise to build software experiences our users are passionate about. We are on a journey to build the future of financial services and transform the way we work to get there – further integrating Design Thinking techniques with Agile development practices. Our mission is to drive a significant step-change in our time to market and build more integrated client-centric experiences via cross-functional coordination and ownership.
We are looking for…
Are you interested in the intersection of technology and financial services and creating a great client experience? Do you enjoy finding new ways to collaborate more effectively and efficiently, using the principles of design thinking and human-centered design? Do you have experience creating a product or project vision and seeing its creation through? Do you enjoy painting the big picture and drawing in the details? We would love to talk to you about this role!
The team is responsible for:
- Vision, Strategy, & Outcomes – Collaborates with scrum teams, stakeholders and business partners to create a vision for the feature/product/channel. Designs experiments and structures evaluations of whether product solutions will be valuable, usable, feasible, and viable. Brings in stakeholder and industry perspectives to refine the vision. Identifies common client pain points and defines the right solutions to address them. Defines KBIs for work and tracks success.
- Roadmap Development & Execution – Translates insights into products and value proposition/business case; Builds 12-month product roadmap and release plan, applying prioritization principles and managing interdependencies; Manages product backlog; Defines iteration and test plans, goals, acceptance criteria; Defines new launch and A/B testing strategies; Creates reports to identify possible failures driving client and firm impacts; Participates on and drives internal teams to resolve issues; Recommends scalable process improvements
- Leadership & Stakeholder Engagement – Establishes trusted relationships with partners and leverages internal network; Serves as the voice of the client, bringing that perspective back to internal stakeholders; May help onboard and coach new employees; Captures stakeholder concerns, and dependencies and implements refinements to an overall roadmap plan; Performs impact analysis and builds communication plan
- Risk Management – Identifies risks and may implement mitigation strategies; Ideates and may design controls for an identified risk and obtains approval. Escalates risk events and/or gaps in a timely fashion through retrospectives and/or Quarterly Risk Forum participation
What you’ll do:
- Build a feature/product/channel roadmap to articulate and drive the priorities of the group
- Lead product discovery activities and work with UX partners to design experiments to hone solutions
- Develop a deep understanding of our customers, leveraging data on your feature/product/channel, existing studies, and/or working with our research teams to create new studies or experiments
- Manage and prioritize a backlog of features for Digital Asset Transfers scrum team
- Create a release plan in coordination with the scrum team and other lines of business
- Partner with Marketing and Field Enablement to develop go-to-market materials and activities
- Define test plans and acceptance criteria
- Create reporting on KBIs and production support metrics and monitor performance
- Build trusted relationships through clear and consistent communication with myriad stakeholders in upstream and downstream roles
What you have:
- 5+ years of experience in a product management or product development role
- Advanced technology acumen, including an understanding of how products are made, familiarity with architectures, languages, and build cycles. Interest in software technology and aware of major trends like AI. Basic understanding of core concepts like object orientation, design patterns, and architecture principles
- Expert in agile methodologies for software development
- Advanced analytical skills - ability to collect and analyze information, problem-solve and make decisions. Ability to identify and define problems, extract key information from data and develop workable solutions for the problems identified in order to test and verify the cause of the problem and develop solutions to resolve the problems identified. Translating insights from advanced analytics into action
- Strong design thinking skills – uses design thinking strategies and methods to understand the user, challenge assumptions, and redefine problems in an attempt to identify alternative solutions
- An advanced ability to determine target customers and market segments for the product
- Effective in managing business risk through assessing risk probability and impact, developing processes for risk mitigation and detection in rollout and test plans, and scenario planning
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an equal employment opportunity employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. (Please click here to see policy.) Schwab is also an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. We believe diversity and inclusion are part of our success as a company and our purpose of serving every client with passion and integrity.
If you need an accommodation in the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call HR Direct at 800-725-3535.
|Languages:||English - spoken|
|Current Licenses / Certifications:||None|
|Relevant Work Experience:||IT-Management/Technical Project Mgmt-6+ yrs|
|Position Located In:||TX - Austin|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Activation Date: Friday, May 10, 2019
Expiration Date: Tuesday, June 18, 2019 Apply Here