Our Vision is to change the way the world communicates. Our Mission is to connect people and things.
We are reimagining the way people watch TV with services like Dish and SlingTV. We are redefining the boundaries of communication and connectivity too, with our planned green field 5G cloud native network build out and the Internet of Things. Nothing is out of our reach, and the opportunity to shape the future of entertainment and technology has never been more tangible. At Dish/Sling, we constantly disrupt and build products that deliver great value to our customers. We are a team of engineers building award winning world class products in the streaming video technology space since 2004. Job Duties and Responsibilities
Join us in building world class products in the video, content, and entertainment space. At Sling/Dish, you will have a unique opportunity to impact millions of users with your contribution and build rich video experiences which delight the customers. We are looking for a manager to lead applications across Browser, FireTV and Roku platforms with a strong obsession for user experience.Responsibilities:
Skills, Experience and RequirementsRequirements:
- Build and lead the team in delivering high quality Applications on connected platforms like Browser, Firestick, Roku and other SmartTV platforms
- Guide and mentor team members, help them with required technical support/guidance
- Collaborate with coworkers from design, engineering, product, project and QA teams
- Translate functional requirements into solutions that work well with current architecture
- Facilitate: Be an evangelist of best practices, the right tools and effective collaboration. Proactively create a great working environment where each individual brings out the best they can offer.
- Communicate: Be the point of contact for the team's work for the business teams and senior management. Create and deliver effective presentations at various stages of the projects to different audiences involved.
- 10+ years of overall experience in developing video applications with expertise in at least one of Browser/Firestick/Roku, 2+ years of experience in leading/mentoring a team of more than 4 developers
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Strong knowledge of UI design principles, patterns and best practices
- Working on an agile team across geographies using CI / CD best practices to deliver the highest quality software possible quickly
- A strong desire to learn new things and continually improve yourself and those around you with a "can do anything" mentality
#LI-KT2 Salary Range
Compensation: $114,885.00/Year - $181,390.00/Year Benefits
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website.
Candidates need to successfully complete a pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test.