510 Glenwood Ave, Raleigh, NC, USADivision:
Cox Communications IncJob Level:
Yes, 25 % of the TimeSchedule:
Day JobRequisition Number:
is one of the fastest growing Cloud Computing companies in the industry. Based in Raleigh, NC, the company has a solid track record of delivering world class products and services to our customers located throughout the country and around the globe. RapidScale is seen as a leader in desktop virtualization with marked success in application virtualization for both Windows and Mac applications. The company also provides Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), and Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS) solutions via an enterprise "Flex Pod" cloud stack. Job Summary:
The Senior Manager, Service Delivery
will manage a team of engineers that provide design, architecture, migration and implementation planning for new customer projects. Responsible for maximizing the effectiveness of technology delivery with a strong team in a dynamic environment. The Senior Manager, Service Delivery will leverage their technical capabilities as well as strategic thinking, leadership, and communication skills to consistently deliver a wide range of critical activities in concert with other groups within the organization.
The Senior Manager, Service Delivery will be the customer advocate throughout the implementation life cycle. This includes being the escalation point of contact for customers, project management, and cloud engineers. The Senior Manager, Service Delivery will provide a proper transition of customers to support by providing documentation, customer review, and any training necessary. Technical Knowledge Requirements: Microsoft Product Sets
- Windows Server 2003 - 2016
- Active Directory
- Exchange 2010, 2013
- Lync 2013 / Skype for Bussiness
- Terminal Services
- SQL Server Citrix Product Sets
- XenApp 6.5/7.5 and XenDesktop 7.5
- User Profile Manager
- Cloud Portal Services Manager (formerly Cortex) | + VMware product sets
- ESXi 5.1, 5.5
- vCenter 5.1, 5.5
- vCloud Director 5.5
- vShield Edge 5.1, 5.5 Additional Product Sets
- FortiGate firewall by FortiNet Network
- IPv4, IPv6
- Port translation
- Spanning tree
- LACP, port channeling, and VPCs
- RIP Duties and Responsibilities: (Essential Duties include but are not limited to):
1. Strategic and tactical leadership of the installation life cycle
2. Work closely with managers, Partners, Client Experience Managers, and customers
3. Implement and/or utilize best practices and standardized processes, including evolutionary delivery cycles
4. Collaborate with management across functions to ensure customer and company success
5. Manage department operations to budget and financial targets
6. Recruit, train, develop, coach and appraise staff effectively. Takes corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with company policy. Consults with Human Resources as appropriate
7. Keep up-to-date on information and technology affecting functional area(s) to increase innovation and ensure compliance
8. Plan and implement continuous improvement Qualifications: EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE & OTHER MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
The minimum qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability necessary for an individual to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable amounts of training are provided.
Educational & Skills Requirements:
- A college degree or equivalent work experience (10+ years).
- Excellent communication, presentation, writing, and editorial abilities.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Apply attained experiences and knowledge in solving problems that are complex in scope, requiring in-depth evaluation as well as the ability to identify problems in advance, and propose solutions.
- Require limited supervision and direction; drive results, and set priorities independently.
- Ability to work on a 24x7 on-call rotation schedule Needed Attributes:
- A proven level of competence in VDI solutions (XenApp 6.5-7.6/XenDesktop 6.5-7.6/ShareFile/NetScaler)
- A proven level of competence with Firewalls and Switches, Windows servers, Active Directory,
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of competency in managing technical projects
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience with project management.
- Proficiency in computer usage, internet, and Microsoft Office suite of applications. Inter-Relationships:
Ability to work within a cooperative team environment as well as perform assignments autonomously. This position will require working with several departments and different personalities. Working Environment:
Fast paced, positive, high energy environment. Can have high levels of stress due to deadlines and necessity of quick response times.
Who We AreAbout Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. Were dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique. About Cox
We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.