Core Technology Solution (CTS) Client Data Management Team (CDMT) is responsible for Charles Schwab's core customer and account data including system of record, business event publishing & consumption, along with hundreds of modern RESTful and legacy APIs which feed our many channels and client experiences. In fact, our front line clients access the technology we build when they access their Schwab account - this role is also involved in the overall modernization of our platforms - it's an exciting time to join this team and be involved in building something that our clients love to use every day!
We are looking for a talented Sr. Manager to lead 4+ Scrum Teams involved in modernizing our customer and account technology landscape through the use of service and event-oriented architecture. This opportunity will leverage your passion and experience around building high performing teams involved in critical solution delivery for the firm. You will be adept at building relationships within and outside the CDMT organization as you work with your Product Owner to delight stakeholders through creativity, sense of urgency, and empathy. The solutions your teams implement will need to scale horizontally and demonstrate pragmatic thinking around non-functional requirements.
You will work with smart people that love what they do and want to make a difference. At Schwab, we strive to see the world through our client's eyes; this mindset helps shape the way we collaborate and work together to achieve our strategic outcomes. What you are good at
What you have
- You will work with closely with your Scrum Teams to influence solution delivery of critical software components throughout the software lifecycle. You are adept at seeing and managing many forms of risk and you will help teams overcome execution related issues which manifest across people, process, and technology. You will use your communication skills to articulate the intangibles and you will exercise decision authority related to tactical vs strategic tradeoffs.
- You will ensure teams create successful plans which decompose complex problems into smaller value delivery cycles. You use critical thinking to evaluate assumptions and risks related to dependency management, activation strategies, legacy analysis, and pragmatic non-functionals. You routinely think 3 to 6 months ahead of where your teams are at today.
- You will challenge the status quo; you will leverage relationships with team members to solicit feedback and input on SDLC processes. You will leverage your hard-earned wisdom to show 'progress over perfection' as we deconstruct the monolith while aligning ourselves to technology and business strategies for the firm.
- You will collaborate by interacting with executives and business partners across the firm. You will communicate strategic technology plans to associated business partners ensuring collaboration across technology and the business. You create formal networks involving many groups to ensure shared outcomes are understood and issues are addressed.
- You will develop talent on your teams through active listening, goal setting, coaching, motivation, and illuminating team successes. You love 'walking in the shoes' of your developers and scrum masters and you delight in taking actions to address common pain points or wasteful activities.
- You will be responsible for planning, staffing, budgeting and managing expense priorities. You will help drive a 'platform operating model' which seeks to productize our service offerings to the firm. You will be accountable for managing an annual budget across the managed projects/FOEX initiatives and support within 1% variance.
- You will use your strong engineering background to converse with technology leaders and translate strategy into executable plans. You can translate between business and technology and build credibility with technology leaders by thinking through tradeoffs and providing input to critical decision making for our products/platforms.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- 12+ years of IT software delivery experience, with project, resource, or developer management, and/or offshore vendor management capabilities.
- 5+ years' experience with running medium to large/complex projects or teams with multiple interactions and dependencies.
- People and team leadership & management
- Demonstrated ability to define and communicate strategy and vision and influence across the Enterprise is essential
- Ability to identify, attract, recruit and hire talent, and to build high performing teams
- Ability to coach, mentor, and provide direct, timely performance feedback; experience setting direction, tracking progress, and ensuring accountability
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to work as a contributing member in a high-paced and focused team. Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in a flexible and fast-paced environment, including the ability to think big in a rapidly evolving technology space.
- Ability to lead effectively across multiple time zones and locations.
- Ability to successfully handle ambiguity.
- Experience in planning, implementation and support of business application components, including change and release management.
- Ability to work hands on with team members to inspire and motivate all levels of staff towards both tactical and strategic delivery goals
- Ability to drive change with external counterparties and vendors, managing and enhancing relationships and services provided
- Ability to facilitate dialogue and retrospectives with a diverse group of stakeholders and to review feedback to drive continuous improvement in tools, practices and processes within the emerging SRE practices at Schwab
- Progressive experience supporting highly available, mission critical environments
- Ability to paint a holistic picture of environment health to technology and business partners leveraging proven strong communication skills, both written and verbal as well as strong presentation skills
- Strong innovation, creativity, and problem-solving skills, including experience facilitating incident management and system recovery efforts
Why work for us?
- 8+ Years of professional experience building and supporting legacy and distributed scalable enterprise-class applications; experience should include highly performant mission critical application experience, preferably using Java / Spring, as well experience with RESTful APIs and database engineering.
- Experience with unit testing, test automation and history of successful interaction and leadership influence on QA and quality practices within an organization.
- Experience managing an engineering team on large-scale projects with technical deep-dives into code, networking, operating systems and/or data store.
- Agile Methodology knowledge and/or Scrum training or certification, with experience leading in an Agile delivery environment.
- Strong technology affinity and experience, as well as attention to detail and the ability to design, execute and maintain strategic goals and metrics.
- Own end-to-end availability and performance of mission critical services and build automation to prevent problem recurrence; automate response to all non-exceptional service conditions.
- Lead by example, care for your team and establish credibility with the quality of your and your team's technical execution.
- Design, write and deliver software to improve the availability, scalability, latency and efficiency of Schwab's applications.
- Broad and deep knowledge of IT/software technology and trends, domain knowledge and experience in infrastructure support, application development, quality practices and databases, including: cloud, mainframe, document databases, security and business intelligence.
- Experience transitioning legacy platforms into cloud-native applications
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home-today and in the future. Explore further .
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or call 800-275-1281 .
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.