Sr. Manager Software Engineering
Location: Phoenix, AZ or Eden Prairie, MN (Remote until safe to return to the office)
Duration: 6+ months contract to hire ( GCEAD)
Interview process: Phone and WebEx
Req. # 21-00681
C&S Growth Portfolio - New Market implementations or expansion in existing market.
Managing 2 scrum teams. Each team consists of 1 SM and 6-8 Engineers.
Strong Technology management experience in a large fast paced Healthcare industry, preferably with Facets experience.
Contact: Brian Anderson
• Lead a team of Software Engineers to design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and continuously improve software
• Manages 2 to 4 Software Engineering Teams. Each team consists of a Scrum Manager and 4 to 10 Software and Quality Engineers.
• Accountable to review and provide team with defined Software strategy, standards, procedures, tools, and processes
• Works with the business to ensure that their needs are met with the most cost effective and simple solution option
• Provide management updates, status reporting, and dashboards from a software perspective to demonstrate product progress and process maturity
• Provide tracking of program progress, align to business and IT MBOs and execute with taking full accountability of the software development processes for assigned scrum teams and engagements
• Drive and ensure alignment with Engineering peers and tech leads during strategy, planning and delivery
• Mentor the engineering team to develop and perform as highly as possible
• Review implementation practices and code implemented by team to identify and address gaps
• Own the applications’ technology stack and drive modern solutions to complex problems
• Identify areas of process improvements and build automated solutions to increase efficiency & productivity
• Lead and provide technical support to the delivery teams
• Ensure solution and delivery teams follows best practices and improve application performance
• Ensure team is building reusable components, frameworks and libraries which can be leveraged across department
• Contribute / lead in strategy discussions for modernization and feature enrichment
• Collaborate with leaders across partner-teams to drive cohesive and optimal solutions
• Communicate clearly and effectively in oral and written forms, and be able to present and demonstrate work to technical and non-technical stakeholders
• 6+ years of progressive experience in Software Engineering
• 3+ years of experience in providing engineering leadership to small/medium size engineering teams
• 4+ years of experience in object oriented programming.
• 4+ years of experience designing and implementing RESTful services
• 4+ years of Agile delivery experience
• 4+ years of experience in building microservices, Spring boot preferred
• 2+ years of experience development/ maintaining CI/CD pipelines
• 3+ years of experience working with relational and/or NoSQL databases
• 2+ years of cloud experience
• Proficiency in creating test strategies, and developing test plans
• Experience working with the business stake holders to bring clarity in requirements
• Ability to communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences
We cannot provide sponsorship upon conversion
• Familiarity with DevOps engineering tools such as Jenkins, etc.
• Experience working in an off-shore / on-shore model
• Prior experience leading a team of Software Engineers in a large organization
• Healthcare Industry with Facets experience strongly preferred
• Experience facilitating Joint Application Design (JAD) sessions
• Ability to work in a fast paced, fluid environment while maintaining adherence to standards and best practices