Sr. Manager User Experience Researcher
12 months plus possible extension or perm
Remote for the foreseeable future
Research (UXRCI) - Consumer Insights Sr. Manager, we connect people to their passions. We help people stay informed and entertained, communicate and transact while creating new ways for advertisers and partners to connect. From XR experiences to advertising and content technology, we are an incubator of innovation and is revolutionizing the next generation of content creation in a 5G world.
A Little About Us:
A values-led company committed to building brands people love. We reach over one billion people around the world with a dynamic house of 50+ media and technology brands. A global leader in digital and mobile, we are shaping the future of media. The Research team is committed to championing people-centered experiences that bridges the gap between our users, designers, product managers, engineers, marketing and editorial to generate empathy and identify opportunities to improve our product experiences.
We are a team embedded across the product organizations. We sit side by side with all of the teams and work hard to ensure collaboration, communication, and visibility. We are looking to hire a Consumer Insights Sr. Manager to play a critical role within our team.
A Lot About You As a Researcher:
- You have a proven track record of shaping and delivering a wide range of generative and evaluative research projects across the entirety of the product life cycle.
- Your thought leadership and deliverables will be critical in our ongoing effort to better enable product and design teams to make informed, confident decisions and to set the strategy for future products and features.
- You will collaborate with a multitude of stakeholders in a challenging environment to deliver key insights that will drive the next generation of our products.
- We are a fast-moving company - ability to be flexible, well-versed in diverse research methods and communicating effectively are critical.
- No matter what type of study, you are a deep and insightful thinker who both revels in the challenge of a complex problem and can bring a fresh perspective to your work.
- Drive core business growth by developing and integrating key consumer insights and marketplace knowledge.
- Lead work streams to enable cross-functional teams to better leverage insights across the consumer experience to deliver bigger, bolder ideas.
Your day-to-day responsibilities are to:
- Independently partner with senior level product and marketing managers and designers to understand business needs, key research objectives and design research that directly address these needs, throughout the product life cycle.
- Choosing the right research to do at the right time and synthesize results into a coherent and truthful story, as well as create effective models that reflect those results such as journey maps, process flows and user segments.
- Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research methods – including audience segmentation, brand tracking, consumer satisfaction and consumer experience, competitive analysis, market positioning and messaging, concept testing, etc.
- Collaborate with other researchers to create comprehensive research strategies and synthesize data from different sources/methods (first party user data, secondary data, primary research) to develop a holistic picture of the problem/opportunity. Deliver actionable recommendations that drive product and marketing strategy and execution - designing compelling and digestible deliverables focused on visually telling the story and highlighting important insights for longevity
- Socializing, collaborating and presenting research to multiple teams and leaders across the organization.
- Advocating for the end consumer by influencing decisions in ways that ensure that business objectives and decisions are aligned with consumer needs.
- Minimum of 6-8 years experience in market research leading primary research studies on client-side, with minimum 2-4 years of that experience in B2C tech
- Results orientation - Outcome-focused and proactive about identifying new opportunities to drive the business. Demonstrated success translating consumer research results into actionable recommendations that had a significant impact on product, design, or marketing strategy.
- Excellent core research skills
- Well-versed and have strength in various quantitative and qualitative research methods.
- Specifically, experience in concept testing, synthesizing secondary market data, market-sizing, informing GTM strategies (target-selection, positioning, pricing)
- Adaptable research approach - ability to both:
Partner with and manage external vendors who consult on primary research projects.
Plan and conduct your own surveys and interviews, including analyzing and presenting the results.
- Ability to synthesize - Ability to integrate varied information, including secondary data and different primary studies, into a holistic and cohesive perspective.
- Strong communication skills Ability to create powerful stories led by data and insights and present complex research data (qualitative and quantitative) in a clear and compelling manner that inspires action. Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively to consistently influence senior-level leaders and comfortable speaking in front of large groups.
- Strategic partner and effective collaborator - Able to build relationships and successfully navigate internally and externally. Ability to self-motivate, function independently and as part of a team.
No Sub-Contract, Third Parties or Corp to Corp arrangements! W2 only!
Note: U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship will be considered. We are unable to sponsor at this time.