This growing organization has earned Forbes' "America's Best Small Companies" list for almost a decade and has become a Global powerhouse! The company operates like a start-up and moves very fast with outstanding technology. The IT group has grown by 300% over the last three years and provides the platform for both technical growth and career advancement. The company is technology driven and is constantly evaluating and adding new tools and technologies.
In this role you will manage MariaDB / MySQL, SQL Server, LUW DB2 and Oracle environments running on Linux and Windows platforms, including support of DB software and maintaining DB instances. You will collaborate with Application Development, QA and Infrastructure teams to maintain high uptime and stability of database systems in all production and non-production environments.
- Ensure integrity, high availability and optimum performance of Production database systems by providing technical support and maintenance.
- Continuously monitor and improve database and system performance.
- Oversee database backup strategy and recovery procedures.
- Install periodic software patches and new product releases.
- Implement and oversee database security strategy and best practices.
- Perform troubleshooting and maintenance of multiple global databases.
- Monitor databases regularly to check for problems such as locking issues and failed queries.
- Assist team with troubleshooting critical issues, implementing new ideas and solutions.
- Assist in capacity planning, space management and data maintenance activities for database system.
- Handle Database deployments, Infrastructure changes and modifications in conjunction with change management team.
- Assist Developers with Database requirements, recommendations & design reviews.
- Coordinate problem resolution with MariaDB, Oracle, IBM and Microsoft DB support as needed.
- Strong experience working with MariaDB & MySQL v5.6 and above.
- Solid experience with SQL Server 2008/2014.
- Detailed understanding of MariaDB/MySQL internals such as memory management, storage engines like, InnoDB, MyISAM, MyRocks, etc.,
- Experience working with MariaDB/MySQL HA solutions such as Galera Cluster, master-master replication, master-slave Replication.
- Experience with backup solutions such as mysqldump, xtrabackup, mariabackup.
- Experience working with MariaDB MaxScale or HAProxy as software load balancer.
- Expertise in database object design including tables, indexes, views, triggers, stored procedures, functions, events and other user-defined objects.
- Experience in handling database performance optimization tasks with DB or query optimization.
- Experience working with database features and tools such as partitioning, compression, constraints, admin views, event monitors, data encryption, etc.
RedRiver offers benefits including Major Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD and 401k. More positions @: http://redriversystems.com/jobs/#/jobs RedRiver Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer.