What will you do
At Draeger, our work is dedicated to protecting, supporting and saving lives. We are looking for a talented individual to join our patient monitoring team to help deliver new features and product enhancements that will improve patient outcomes and reduce the cost of medical care around the world.**compensation commensurate with experience** **this position does not offer a relocation package**
This team member will design, implement, and test mechanical components in compliance with the product requirements specification and the product quality standards. Additional responsibilities are to support vendors, test personnel, documentation, and operations groups in the implementation of new designs.
Who you areEducation:
- Work within a team of engineers and test personnel to prepare high quality deliverables during the design, implementation, integration, test and support phases of product development.
- Coordinate activities of other engineers and guide the successful completion of modules and subsystem as applicable.
- Translate the technical system requirements into the relevant sub-system mechanical design to reduce cost and/or support part obsolescence redesign, creating a design based on the technical product specifications.
- Participate and lead detailed design reviews in accordance with SOPs.
- Participate in specification and selection of components and subsystems.
- Maintain technical ownership of the design process along with other members of the Engineering Department.
- Ensure a rigorous and high quality configuration management process is used for mechanical deliverables. Configuration management here is defined as the organized activity of maintaining the integrity of the configuration components.
- Support scheduling & planning of assigned subsystem prototype builds, verification, and validation. Accomplish project responsibilities on time and with quality.
- Ensure process discipline and produce results on schedule.
- Represent the department and company factually and professionally in facility audits.
- Ensure compliance to all internal SOPs and FDA and industry regulations. Develop and/or improve development processes, procedures and protocols.
- Provide critical assessment and peer Design review for development and verification engineers working in a team environment.
- Contribute to program planning, strategic planning and department-wide process improvement initiatives.
- Work with suppliers on component specification and resolving quality problems; interact with OEM partners in the design, development and procurement of assemblies and end products.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
BS Mechanical Engineering required, or equivalent education experience; MS Mechanical Engineering a plus.Related Experience:
Five to eight years previous experience in mechanical design, analysis and trouble shooting in an engineering environment (or 3 to 6 years previous experience with MS degree). Solid technical knowledge of mechanical engineering in product development. Medical device background preferredSpecial Competencies or Certifications:
Design experience utilizing a computer-aided design system. Competent in use of Microsoft office software
REMINDER: **compensation commensurate with experience** AND **this position does not offer a relocation package**