Description Job Description:
Leidos currently has an opening for a Sr. Mechanical Engineer to work with the US Army Natick Research, Development and Engineering Center in Natick, MA. The candidate will be integrated into a highly dynamic team supporting the Tactical Shelters Team and Aerial Delivery Equipment and Systems Divisions. The candidate responsibilities include; testing and analysis of mechanical systems, verification of system performance, participation in product quality discrepancy report investigations, prepare engineering change proposals, be able to provide root cause analysis to troubleshoot and resolve technical problems, provide technical reviews of drawing packages, specifications and technical manuals.Primary Responsibilities
- Participate in product quality discrepancy report investigations (approximately 25 per year).
- Prepare Engineering Change Proposals (ECP) (approximately 8 per year).
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical problems with root cause analysis and corrective action development related to fielded helicopter sling load equipment, and personnel and cargo parachute systems as well as tactical shelter systems. Provide technical reviews of drawing packages, specifications, and technical/field manuals within 30 days.
- Provide engineering analysis and technical subject matter expertise with regards to rigid wall shelters and supporting rigid wall shelter hardware and systems.
- Disposition request for waivers and deviations (approximately 75 per year).
- Participate in parachute, airdrop and shelters equipment design reviews (approximately 2 per year).
- Provide technical expertise, with experience in aerial delivery rigging, to support engineering assessment with responsibilities to include engineering assessments of aerial delivery items, inspection of first article test samples, testing of airdrop hardware, and developing airdrop and helicopter sling load rigging procedures.
5+ years of related experience.
Excellent communication and problem solving skills
Strong attention to detail
Ability to prioritize tasks and work on multiple actions at any given time
Excellent analytical and technical skills
Ability to work independently as well as with others in a team
B.S. Mechanical Engineering, Masters a plusPreferred Qualifications
Proficiency in software programs such as AutoCAD, Labview and Solidworks.
Project management experience with multifunctional responsibilities is a plus.
Knowledge of Aerial Delivery Systems/Airdrop Programs and/or Tactical Shelters Systems is plus.
External referral eligibleExternal Referral Bonus:
EligiblePotential for Telework:
NoClearance Level Required:
Yes, 25% of the timeScheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.