CSRA is seeking a Senior Database Engineer Lead to join us in enhancing to join our team in Arlington, VA.
Must be a US Citizen with an active Secret or TS Clearance.
The Senior Microsoft SQL Server Engineer Lead is a technical position, that focuses on defining and implementing a SQL Server 2016 architecture/solution to support a large US based database, and nine internationally remote databases. An expertise in data replication, configuration, performance monitoring, and tuning is required to fill this role.
The Senior Microsoft SQL Server Engineer Lead leads initiatives to include: advanced integration approaches, company-wide standards, tuning and enterprise data warehouse guidance.
- 10+ years IT experience across Information Technology domains of data or information architecture, solution architecture, and/or application development - Experience in Microsoft SQL Server 2008-2016
- 5+ years of experienceThe Senior Microsoft SQL Server Engineer Lead role requires an individual skilled and experienced with SQL Server 2008-2016.
This role will take the lead to re-architecture and re-development our legacy solution and provide guidance and mentor-ship to their less-experienced SQL resources. Must must be heavily experienced with Microsoft SQL Server 2008-2016, including designing and developing solutions from architecture through implementation and support.
The Senior Microsoft SQL Server Engineer Lead will be responsible for working with the business and development teams to ensure understanding of the requirements and developing the solution. Additionally, the Senior Microsoft SQL Server Engineer Lead will be responsible peer reviewing deliverables from the rest of the SQL Server team and providing feedback to those team members to enforce standards and performance.
Further, this resource will be responsible for presenting solutions, demonstrations and proof of concepts for evaluation and approval
- Oversees the organization, standards, controls, procedures, and documentation associated with operating and administering the various databases.
- Monitors performance and advises any necessary infrastructure changes as it relates to Microsoft SQL Server
- Works closely with client stakeholders, architects, analysts and SMEs to validate and/or elicit information requirements for database design and architecture
- Analyzes source data to assist in preparing iterative design changes, database refactoring, and creating or modifying reference data
- Prepare, maintain and publish data model diagrams, dictionaries, scripts and metadata files in accordance with project methodology and collaboration guidelines
- Collect, analyze and prepare data volume metrics to support database sizing, tuning, capacity planning and data retention activities
- Supports the Software Development team by participating in the peer review of technical specifications, ensuring that data model changes meet release and historical requirements and assists with performance optimization.
- Develops reports and database procedures to help solve data quality or business problems, data architecture, database management system facilities and capabilities, and the operation and tuning of databases.
- Evaluates third-party solutions for data integration issues and architecture standards compliance as necessary
- Provides SQL Server DB, SSIS, and SSRS architecture leadership
- Effectively communicates SQL Server SSIS architecture and approaches - Provides competency in problem solving, data analysis, business rule validation, data integration, data quality, dependency analysis and estimation and delivery of complex SQL Server solutions
#cjobs #gdjobs #dicepost