Lucas Systems is currently seeking a Mobile Developer with C++ and Android development experience to serve as a key part of our Mobile Technologies Team. The Mobile Technologies Team is responsible for the design and delivery of Lucas’s core software that runs on a variety of leading edge mobile devices from manufacturers such as Samsung, Lenovo/Motorola, and Zebra Technologies, the evaluation and certification of hardware used with our mobile work execution solutions, and key technology research activities.
- Design and implement software for Lucas mobile work execution solutions, particularly the software that runs on the mobile clients (Android and Windows CE-based devices)
- Enhance and maintain Lucas’s existing core mobile device software that provides high performance speech recognition, multimodal input, and audio prompt playback capabilities.
- Research state-of-the-art hardware and technologies which can be leveraged in Lucas solutions, and develop proof-of-concepts and business cases around them
- Evaluate and integrate 3rd party hardware (smartphones, mobile computers, smart watches, smart glasses, barcode scanners, headsets, etc.) for use in Lucas solutions
- Evaluate and integrate 3rd party software (terminal emulation, mobile device management, libraries for specific functionality, etc.) for use in Lucas solutions
- Assist in the creation and ongoing updates of Lucas’s product and R&D roadmaps
- Support Lucas’s Customer Support Team in troubleshooting and developing fixes and enhancements for existing customer deployments
- BS in Computer Science or Software/Computer Engineering (significant and relevant work experience coupled with a differing degree will be considered)
- 2+ years of experience
- Strong working knowledge of C++
- Experience developing rich-client mobile applications targeting Android
- A passion for innovation and desire/commitment to drive ideas to solutions that solve real-world problems
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Effective organizational skills and ability to be attentive to details
- In addition to C++, development experience with Java or C#
- In addition to Android, experience with mobile device development targeting Windows Mobile/CE or iOS devices.
- Speech recognition research or development experience (speech recognition accuracy evaluations, use of APIs and/or tuning of speech recognition systems like Kaldi, CMU SPHINX, Nuance VoCon 3200, etc.)
- Machine learning experience
- Experience with one or more of the following technologies: Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, RFID, NFC, vision, augmented/mixed reality
- Knowledge of Wi-Fi network design and troubleshooting
- Experience with cross platform mobile app development with Xamarin
- Working knowledge of one or more database systems
- Knowledge of warehouse systems and operations
Generous benefit package includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance; 401(k) with Employer Match; Ten Paid Holidays; Free Parking; Flexible Work Hours; Casual Work Attire; Foosball, Ping Pong, Chess, Catered Lunches and more; Cash Bonus for Employee-Referred Hire
Join our team of talented professionals today. Apply now! firstname.lastname@example.org
Lucas Systems, Inc. is the fastest-growing provider of mobile work execution solutions that enable retailers, wholesale distributors, and manufacturers to improve warehouse operations. Our software products provide a rapid return on investment for our customers by helping workers do their jobs more efficiently and accurately using real-time speech recognition software and other data capture technology running on mobile devices. Lucas software is used by Fortune 50 companies, large private distributors, and other industry leaders.
Founded in 1998, Lucas is a growing and consistently profitable organization with an expanding global presence. We offer a dynamic, collaborative, innovative and entrepreneurial work environment and we continue to create opportunities for both personal and professional growth for high-performing individuals in both the US and UK.
Lucas Systems, Inc.
11279 Perry Highway, 4th Floor
Wexford, PA 15090
**No phone calls or recruiters please**