Description SAIC is seeking a Senior Database Administrator in Vienna, VA
with extensive experience in design, development, implementation, and management of very large *SQL databases.
Experienced in utilizing database management and monitoring tools such as Idera, Erwin, and SQL Profiler. The candidate will be working with a geographically dispersed team to manage and maintain hundreds of databases in development, test, and production environments. The candidate will interact with the customer on a regular bases and is required to have excellent written and oral skills with the ability to communicate complex technical issues to a non-technical audience.
The ideal candidate will have experience in configuring production databases to operate in an HA configuration, transitioning databases to the cloud, and configuring, installing, upgrading both Linux and Windows servers. Qualifications
- Required Education/Experience
- Bachelor's Degree and 10 years of relevant experience; or Master's Degree and three years of relevant experience. Additional experience in lieu of degree accepted.
- Required Experience/Skills/Attributes
- 5-10 years' experience in administering MySQL server databases
- Experience with recent versions of MySQL
- Understanding of MySQL's underlying storage engines, such as InnoDB and MyISAM
- Knowledge of de-facto standards and best practices in MySQL
- Proficient in writing and optimizing SQL statements
- Ability to plan resource requirements from high level specifications
- Experience with automated monitoring tools
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with third party service providers
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to develop procedures, reference guides and maintain detailed database related documentation
- Innovative approach to work, constantly looking for upgrading the system to more efficient and effective new technologies
- Excellent communication skills to explain technical information and requirements effectively to others both orally and written.
- Outstanding customer service and time management skills, strong sense of ownership, and a can do attitude
- Desired Experience/Skills/Attributes
- Experience in MySQL Clustering and HA configurations
- Experience in mirroring, log shipping, failover cluster and various replication technologies
- Knowledge of other databases e.g. SQL/NoSQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis, etc.
- Experience with replication configuration in MySQL
- Knowledge of limitations in MySQL and their workarounds in contrast to other popular relational databases
- Automation experience using with Shell scripting, Python and/or Ruby
- Knowledgeable of ITIL processes
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Clearance Requirement: Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.ship required and must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance prior to starting work.
My SAIC Benefits.