Mutual Fund Technology group is looking for a talented technologist responsible for applications managing trading, clearing, and reporting of mutual fund trades at Schwab. These applications are mission critical to achieving our overall goals at Schwab. This is an excellent opportunity to join a highly visible team working on new and exciting initiatives at Schwab and he/she will provide technical leadership adhering to the architectural direction set by the Enterprise Architects. What you are good at
We're looking for software engineers who are enthusiastic about learning new and existing technologies in order to provide exceptional software solutions. The role will require a high level or responsibility but have a support structure necessary for development. Strong work ethic, design and development skills, strong problem solving and the ability to partner with business and technologists across the organization is required
What you have
- Interact with Product Management and business users to develop new features/applications, enhance functionality and efficiencies of the existing applications
- Collaborate with fellow developers to share best practices, review logic, and learn new technologies
- Work with a number of different database systems as well as business processes
- Responsible for production support, maintenance and enhancements of applications supporting Mutual Fund Trading and Clearing business
- Collaborate with the development teams and technology leaders across Schwab technology on product development, best practices, and automation
- Assessing and applying emerging technologies, practices, and processes and strategizing and executing projects to improve efficiency and innovation
- The environment consists of Windows, Linux, SQL Server, Oracle, MongoDB, .NET, Java, IIS, and WebSphere
- BS or MS in computer science or related technical field with .NET background
- 6 to 10 years demonstrated real world experience in enterprise multi-tier application development
- 6+ years demonstrated hands-on experience in object oriented languages such as C# or C++ in .NET platform
- 6+ years demonstrated experience in software engineering principles - software design patterns
- 6+ years demonstrated hands-on experience in relational database development, such as SQL server and Oracle. Experience with MongoDB or Aerospike is a plus
- Comfortable with continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD) concepts
- Experience with Atlassian tool suite is strongly preferred: JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket, Bamboo
- Experience designing and implementing REST based Web Service API(s)
- Experience developing application for private/public Clouds (PCF / AWS / Google Cloud Platform / Azure).
- Strong communication skills and the ability to interact with business partners to interpret requirements and design solutions to fit those requirements
- Experience mentoring and guiding junior developers
- Experience creating software designs and reviewing them with architecture team
- Self-motivated, quick learner who can manage multiple initiatives with minimal direction
- A yearning to understand and leverage new tools and technologies
- Be a team player, self-motivated and able to work collaboratively across organizations and geographic locations
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies
- Knowledge of Mutual Fund and Clearing business is a plus
Target Total Compensation in Colorado: $121,000 - 161,400 -
Your actual pay will be based on your skills and experience -- Talk with your recruiter to learn more. Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home-today and in the future. Explore further .
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at or call.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.