Title Sr. Net Application Developer Level III
Location: 2750 Monroe Blvd Audubon PA 19403
Duration: 0-24 month(s)
Comment: This is a contract position within the Application Development department for a Sr .NET Developer on the Planning Applications Team.
• The .Net Developer is project-based and supports a very wide range of energy tracking systems that monitor the electrical grid and energy market systems.
• Work may range from developing and enhancing interfaces to bug fixes, enhancements to existing features, and development of new features.
• An interest in power systems, the electrical grid, and/or wholesale energy market will be beneficial in learning new concepts more quickly.
• Participate in full Agile SDLC activities such as requirements gathering and analysis, sprint planning, review, retrospective, and backlog grooming
This role could involve replacing some legacy applications with newer .NET technology, so the ideal candidate will have experience developing or porting applications from one technology platform to another.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Work entails development of new features, enhancements and bug fixes, for internal & external web sites and Web APIs.
• Participate in full Agile SDLC activities such as requirements gathering & analysis, Sprint Planning/Review/Retrospective, Backlog Grooming, etc.
• Development and maintenance of website apps, both internal and external facing
• User support of the .Net interfaces
• Work with the other .Net developers on UI enhancements and bug fixes.
• Assist in testing enhancements and bug fixes for web development team, both the API and the UI
• Assist in the technical documentation efforts of the web development team. This may include database design, UI design, and Interface design documentation
• Develop an understanding of acronyms and terminology
• Relate well to all kinds of people; work effectively with individuals and groups at various levels in a constructive and collaborative manner; build and utilize effective working relationships in a matrix environment and across functional, departmental and divisional reporting lines.
• Understand organizational structure and the business responsibilities within each area
• Motivated to learn and keep up to date on evolving business and technology platforms.
• Performs assigned tasks including administrative duties.
Motivation and Independence: Ability to achieve results, investigate problems, achieve deadlines with minimal supervisor direction. Enthusiasm for new assignments and attempting never-been-done-before projects.
CHARACTERISTICS AND QUALIFICATIONS
This job requires excellent communication skills and the ability to work closely with others, especially those who may be less technical. Feedback and suggestions on processes are needed. Works under minimum supervision. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Minimum 3-5 years or more experience as a .Net developer in agile software development
• Familiarity with System Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
• Demonstrated ability to debug and maintain complex systems, particularly those created by other developers with minimal available documentation
• Ability to grow with position, increasing expertise, responsibility, and accountability.
• Work entails development of new features, enhancements and bug fixes for .NET applications.
Required Technical Skills
• .NET 4 and above framework knowledge
• Angular 2 (Type Script)
• 5 plus years of SQL and SQL Server Management Studio
• DDL and DML experience
• Writing SQL queries and stored procedures