US Battlefield Information Collection and Exploitation System eXtended (US BICES-X) is a cutting edge program supporting DoD intelligence information sharing on current and emerging global threats to mission and coalition partners and emerging nations. With an internationally dispersed team supporting each combatant command, the US BICES-X team is in direct support of the war fighter and their missions. We are seeking a creative and driven professional with a passion for solving real world issues on a cross-functional, fast paced team.
The Senior Network Engineer is a strong, self-motivated, solution-oriented individual who will be joining an experienced team to support the implementation of a Core, Aggregation, and Edge enterprise network solution. We are looking for an experienced, innovative and enthusiastic network engineer to join us in delivering high quality IT systems.
- Responsible for the design and development of voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks.
- Analyzes voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting, and upgrading operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges, and other devices.
- Plans network layouts and configures systems to user environments.
- Analyzes network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements.
- Supports the acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed.
- May provide technical support and troubleshooting to users.
- May perform network administration duties.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced network personnel and may have supervisory responsibilities.
- May serve as technical team or task leader.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- 8+ years of directly related experience in network analysis and design.
- Must possess and maintain a TS/SCI clearance.
- BA/BS or equivalent work experience.
- Must meet DoD 8570 requirements and be eligible for IAT level II access upon hire for positions with elevated privileges and must obtain ITIL V3 Foundation within six months of hire.
- Advanced knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in network analysis and design.
- Advanced knowledge of routers, switches, patch panels, concentrators, associated terminals, and related network hardware and software.
- Advanced knowledge of desktop operating systems and applications.
- CCNA preferred
- Depending on job assignment, additional specific certifications may be required.