Our client is looking for a self-motivated and innovative Sr. Network Engineer - OTN (Optical Transport Network). The initial contract is 12-24 months (with extensions possible). The work location is somewhat flexible (preference given to Dallas, TX). Compensation is DOE.
Required skills/experiences include:
- Experience /Detailed understanding of Optical Networks, OTN, DWDM, ROADM, FOADM, SDH, SONET, 40G/100G/200G/400G coherent optical transmission technologies, Ethernet, Wave, Switching, Routing, Data Networks, DCN, Synchronization of optical networks
- Working knowledge with various interface SDH/OTN/DWDM products like Ciena (6500, CPL, 5430, 5410), Cisco ONS15454 DWDM, Infinera (DNT-X, XT), Juniper MX/PTX TCX1000 series routers
- Implement and/or knowledge of various OAM&P platforms such as Ciena (OMEA/One Control), Cisco (CTC/CPO/EPNM)
- Work on highly available Distributed, Disaggregated and Virtualization infrastructure/technologies to enable SDN/NFV and whitebox solutions in Ciena OS running on all packet networking platforms, focusing on HA design/development
- Experience working with micro-services architectures, Linux containers, Kubernetes and Docker/Docker swarm.
- In-Depth knowledge of communication system theory and wireless systems
- Good knowledge of physical layer waveform design, channel coding and PHY/MAC procedures
- Deep understanding of multi-antenna techniques and procedures such as, mmWave Beamforming and Beam Acquisition, mmWave mesh networks
- Familiarity with L2/L3 user plane and control plane protocol stacks and ability to perform cross-layer optimizations
- Experience in object-oriented programming and wireless system implementation
- Familiarity with Data Modeling
- Demonstrate clarity of thought and strong analytical and problem-solving skills (probability, digital signal processing, linear algebra, random processes, detection and estimation,).
- Knowledge in existing wireless communication protocols: 5G/LTE/WCDMA/GSM, 802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ax/be, 802.11ad/ay or Bluetooth/BLE
- Experience in the telecommunications industry (network provider, MNO/MSO, device OEM, etc.)
- Solid understanding in wireless communication theory; e.g., signal processing.
Datanomics is an equal opportunity employer.