Sr Network Engineer - TS/SCI Clearance - Tampa, FL (MacDill AFB)
US Battlefield Information Collection and Exploitation System eXtended (US BICES-X) is a cutting edge program supporting DoD intelligence information sharing on current and emerging global threats to mission and coalition partners and emerging nations. With an internationally dispersed team supporting each combatant command, the US BICES-X team is in direct support of the war fighter and their missions. We are seeking a creative and driven professional with a passion for solving real world issues on a cross-functional, fast paced team.
- Perform extensive hands on network router and switch operational administration and troubleshooting duties.
- Analyzes, administers and maintains voice, video, and/or data communications networks.
- Experience troubleshooting CISCO VoIP call managers and client technologies
- Experience working with, configuring, and troubleshooting Type I encryption devices (KG-175’s, KG-250’s, & KG-255’s)
- Must possess a working knowledge of Cisco routers, switches, phones, & VTC related network hardware and software.
- Experience working with Riverbed and F5 devices a plus.
- In-depth knowledge of routing protocols (BGP, OSPF, EIGRP) and ability to troubleshoot.
- Install and support data center and enterprise routers and switches
- Performs testing of new network equipment and document results for implementation
- Knowledge of remediation methodologies in accordance with DISA compliance standards and checklists (STIGs and SRGs).
- Develop internal team training guides.
- In-depth knowledge SolarWinds modules and REGEX a plus.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant hardware and software applications as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- May be required to work overtime and carry a rotating recall phone for after-hours or weekend support.
Frequently Asked Questions (USBICES - 2019-59905)
- What will a typical work day look like for the Contract Labor Associate (CLA)? Is this a team setting? Typical day involves troubleshooting complex routing and switching issues, VoIP/VTC issues, documentation, and security. Team leads determine priorities.
- What are the top three skillsets the candidate should have? Routing, Switching, and Network Security
- What is the interview process (phone then in-person or only phone, etc.)? Usually only by phone
- 5-8 years of directly related experience in network administration and support.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in network administration and support.
- Comprehensive knowledge of routers, switches, patch panels, concentrators, associated terminals, and related network hardware and software.
- Comprehensive knowledge of desktop
Must possess and maintain a TS/SCI Security Clearance.
Must have current CCNA R&S for elevated privileges on the network.
Minimum Security + CE required for positions requiring elevated privileges on the network.