Engility delivers innovative solutions to critical challenges facing the nation and the world. As a premier provider of integrated services for the U.S. government, we support the Department of Defense, intelligence community, space communities, federal civilian agencies and international customers. Engility is dedicated to making lives better, safer and more secure. Description:
Engility Corporation is currently hiring a Sr. Network Engineer
to support our program in Chantilly, Virginia.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Coordinate with customer, other network engineering support staff, commercial communication vendors, testing and operations personnel to ensure customer requirements are met.
- Ensure engineered solutions and installations meet the guidelines of "best practices," network standards, security requirements, and the intent of the requirement.
- Have interface design responsibility for requirements from the customer wide area network to the local site interface.
- Conduct site surveys, develop designs packages, deliver cost estimates, and build hardware configuration scripts based on the customer request for change.
- Participate in customer planning, technical exchange, coordination meetings, and monthly customer status meetings.
- Participate in and provide site specifics for the project readiness reviews, develop and conduct design reviews, and coordinate integration with affected O&M sites.
- Must possess an active TS/SCI clearance with a Polygraph.
- 9 years industry experience with a Bachelor degree. An Associate degree and/or high school diploma with equivalent work experience in information technology field will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Candidates should hold a current network industry certification; preferably at the professional level or an equivalent.
- Candidate must have prior experience with network hardware to include; routers, switches, optical multiplexers, cryptographic devices, serial networks and timing systems.
- Candidate must have a solid working knowledge of telecommunications, Ethernet, TCP/IP, and infrastructure technologies such IEEE, EIA/TIA, coax, copper, and fiber.
- Candidate must have an understanding of WAN, LAN, and Campus technologies plus be familiar with routing protocols to include; BGP, EIGRP, OSPF and IP/MPLS.
#TSSHJ Desired Qualifications:
- Candidate should be self-motivated and able to work independently, under only general supervision, or successfully within a small team.
- Candidate should have exemplary organizational and communication skills, and be able to manage a number of projects at one time.
- Candidate has a working knowledge of the customer's organizational environment, mission, and communications networks; to include configuration management and requirements process.
- Candidate must be familiar with and able to work within an environment using industry standard Systems Engineering principles.
TSSHJ EEO Statement:
Engility Corporation is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. citizenship is required for most positions. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statements, please click here . Department: