This position will be located onsite in Richmond VA.
Your innovation. Our impact. At Anthem, Inc.
, it's a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we're creating greater access to care for our members, greater health for our communities, and greater experiences for our customers. Innovation is a top priority. Here, you'll have an opportunity to work in a collaborative environment that brings together industry leaders and technology experts, so together we can drive the future of health care
This is an exceptional opportunity to create solutions and programs that can truly make a difference at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
The Anthem Network Engineers (Infrastructure Analyst Advisor) are responsible for the deployment, management and operational support with a primary focus on the enterprise network environments including regional computer rooms. The network engineer will provide day-to-day engineering and operational support for the enterprise network environments (wired and wireless). The network engineers are responsible for analyzing, deploying, configuring and maintaining the multifaceted network infrastructure within Anthem's large IT ecosystem.
The candidate should have a background in deploying and supporting large enterprise network environments (wired and wireless) and should be able to handle multiple projects, tasks and responsibilities. The candidate should also possess good problem determination and resolution skills.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Design, setup and configure complex switching environments
- Design, setup and configure complex wireless network environments that supports secured access and the ability to support voice and video applications
- Maintain a thorough knowledge and understanding of local area networks (LAN) and Wide Area Networks (WAN)
- Work collaboratively with various partners, vendors and associates to provide a superior end-to-end customer experience
- Possess working knowledge of various Network Management Systems (NMS) platforms (CA Suite (Spectrum, NFA, ADA, VNA and PM/PC), Cisco Prime, Live Action, BMC's BNA, Cisco vManage, NetMRI and Splunk)
- Able to configure and support WAN Optimization (Riverbed)
- Maintains functionality, reliability, performance and support for the enterprise and data center network hardware and software.
- Closely collaborates with many IT disciplines such as Applications, Security, and Server Administration.
- Participates in lights-on and project work configuring/implementing hardware to meet business requirements and Anthem standards.
- Acts as key resource for infrastructure and application problem determination and resolution; and skilled at network protocol analysis.
- Possesses the ability to quickly identify the cause and resolve most incidents.
- Ensures high availability of Anthem Enterprise Network and Data Center Environments
- Configures and enables network connectivity, including IP and DNS/DCHP management.
- Serves as an escalation point for the most complex network and system issues for resolution
- Plan and lead implementations for network and system deployments
- Develop test plans to ensure quality implementations and deployments.
- Participates in design of the enterprise architecture
- May act as a key contact for setting vendor support strategies.
- Participates in 24x7 on-call rotation with other enterprise network team members
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America's Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2018 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran AnEqualOpportunityEmployer/Disability/Veteran
- Requires Bachelor's degree in related field; 5 to 8 years of experience required in a support and operations role in any of the following areas: servers, networks, telecommunications, storage, mainframe, operating systems, middleware, disaster recovery, collaboration technologies, or hardware/software support; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Multiple trade certifications and significant experience with multiple technical and business disciplines preferred.
- Significant operational experience required in one or more core infrastructure technologies; capable of serving as a subject matter expert in various settings; capable of advanced troubleshooting and implementations.
- Demonstration of strong mentoring skills preferred.
- Extensive hands on experience with implementation and troubleshooting of Cisco network equipment in an Enterprise network environment - Required.
- Hands on experience Cisco SDWAN networking (Viptela) - Desirable.
- Familiarity with scripting/programming (PYTHON) - Desirable.