We have a new job requirement. If interested, kindly send me your updated resume with the below filled skill matrix ASAP.
Job Title: Sr. Network Engineer
Duration: 6+ Months Contract
Location: Sterling, VA
This position will be responsible for supporting, maintaining and troubleshooting applications, services and solutions in support of Client's Solutions. In this role, the Sr. Network Engineer, you will have a wide range of responsibilities, including working with Software Engineering, Product Management, Network Operations, Customer Support and external customers with a focus on service availability and performance. Here is what you will do:
- Be responsible for large scale, customer facing, high availability mission critical network, applications and systems running across public cloud and physical infrastructure in multiple data centers worldwide, including:
- Administer (including implementation, configuration, maintenance as well as decommission) and support network, applications, systems and services in production and key customer-test environments; focus will be on network /service/platform availability, latency, performance, automation, change management, monitoring, root cause analysis, patching, and capacity trending. The environment will include combination of physical and virtual infrastructure.
- Participate in rotational 24x7 on call to support platform infrastructure (compute, storage, and network) and applications
- Perform root cause analysis for production and performance problems requiring research into multiple information sources
- Participate in platform and application architecture discussions, ensuring that all architectures support the operational excellence initiatives and will comply with defined KPIs. Analyze disaster recovery scenarios.
- Analyze and resolve complex problems including inter-operability issues, issues caused by hardware or software.
- Partner with internal teams while taking initiative to implement and improve organizational processes and procedures.
- Oversee daily operations of large-scale carrier grade systems; Schedule, document and manage maintenance and troubleshooting procedures as necessary.
- Stays current with IT trends making recommendations for operational efficiency
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or related field preferred but not required
- Expertise and troubleshooting of internet protocols in particular DNS, BGP, UDP, MPLS and TCP/IP
- Expertise and working knowledge of IP network architecture and security devices including routers, switches, load balancers, firewalls, VPN.
- Experience with various network technologies (Arista, Juniper, F5, and Citirix.)
- Programming experience with one of the Python, ruby, java, C++ programming languages.
- Experience in DevOps, Operational support (compute, network, and/or storage)
- Experience with modern automation tools, such as Jenkins, Ansible/Chef/Puppet, Cloudbolt, and or Docker in test and/or production environments.
- Experience in managing, deploying, and monitoring services running in a Cloud environment such as Amazon Web Services and VMware. (Open Stack is a major plus.)
- Expertise with administering UNIX (Solaris) and Linux (RedHat and CentOS) operating systems.
- Understanding with backup technologies for the backup, replication, and restoration of hosts. Ability to implement, troubleshoot, and remove backup policies based on Client's standards.
- Understanding with storage technologies (NFS, Fiber Channel, ISCI, Flash, RAID)
- Understanding of security and compliance requirements such as SOX, PCI.
- Minimum 5-9 years in operations for major company with complex troubleshooting in 2000-4000 hosts infrastructure (physical and virtual). Proficiency in 75% of responsibilities and qualifications mentioned.
- Must be able to initiate and complete projects with minimal direction and guidance
- Must be able to demonstrate ability to perform root cause analysis and identify potential issues through trending, repetitive ticket analysis.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; Ability to communicate ideas, issues, resolutions in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure operational environment.
- Able to balance project related (short term and long term) and issue resolution priorities
- Able to meet and ensure compliance to various SLA’s including response time and resolution time based on issue severity
- Demonstrated analytical, problem solving and incident management skills
- Strong customer service orientation
- Rotational after hours on-call support is required
Please email your MS Word resume to email@example.com and complete the skills-matrix below
Total IT exp:
Total Network Engineer exp:
Total exp in troubleshooting of internet protocols in particular DNS, BGP, UDP, MPLS and TCP/IP:
Total exp in IP network architecture and security devices including routers, switches, load balancers, firewalls, VPN:
Total exp in Arista, Juniper, F5, and Citirix: Please Specify:
Total exp in Python, ruby, java, C++ programming languages:
Total DevOps exp:
Total exp in Jenkins, Ansible/Chef/Puppet, Cloudbolt, and or Docker:
Are you US Citizen/GC/Other? Plz Specify:
Expected Hourly Rate:
Best time to reach you:
A) Phone Interview:
B) Face to Face Interview:
C) Start Date
Current City and State:
Current Location residential address:
Willing to relocate:
8609 Westwood Center Dr. Suite 100, Vienna, VA 22182
Direct: 703.259.8484| Email: firstname.lastname@example.org