Network Engineer works in the Network Engineering group. The Network Engineer serves as the subject matter expert for all corporate, data center, and cloud based networks and reports to the Manager of Network Engineering. Who is Equifax?
Equifax is a global data, analytics, and technology company. We believe knowledge drives progress. We blend unique data, analytics and technology with a passion for serving customers globally, to create insights to power the decisions that move people forward. We serve as a consumer advocate, steward of financial literacy, and champion of economic advancement.
As an innovative global company that enables access to credit, we're part of breakthrough collaborations and innovations that address complex social challenges such as social welfare, community relations and financial education for underprivileged youth. We establish relationships that create economically healthy communities. We help individuals gain financial independence by increasing access to capital for small businesses. And we provide young adults entering college or university with financial education tools.
Regardless of location or role, the individual and collective work of our people makes a difference in our business. We are powering the World with Knowledge and looking for talented team players to join us as we help people live their financial best. The Perks of being an Equifax Employee?
We offer excellent compensation packages with high-reaching market salaries, 401k matching, along with the works: comprehensive healthcare packages, schedule flexibility, collaborative work spaces, work from home opportunities, paid time off, and organizational growth potential.
Grow at your own pace through online courses at Learning @ Equifax What You'll Do
- Experience with the creation and maintenance of DNS records and DNS zones
- Experience with DNSSEC and secure zone transfers implementation
- Experience with IP address management, including management of IPv4/IPv6 address blocks and DHCP
- Working knowledge of network protocols (TCP/UDP, DHCP, DNS) and experience with IPv4 and IPv6
- Experience working in a multi-vendor environment with hands-on experience with networking hardware
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously and deliver against deadlines
- Experience working in global team environments and solving problems around the world
- Working knowledge of scripting and programming as it relates to network automation (Bash, Python, Perl) and deployment
- Knowledge of LAN, WAN, and WLAN (MPLS, Internet, etc.).
- Working experience of Network based firewalls
- Maintain and create useful, accessible, network documentation that can be shared with internal users, other teams, and auditors.
- Track and monitor network performance and throughput in ongoing effort to right size primary and secondary network links (LAN, WAN, and WLAN).
- Continue to drive existing and establish new company wide standards across remote sites and data centers.
- Ensure disaster recovery and business continuity environments are compliant, available, and easily accessible.
- Enable the business while maintaining strong security posture within network best practices framework
- Manage vendor relationships and proof of concept engagements.
Extra Points for any of the Following
- 7+ years of enterprise and data center network engineering experience.
- Participate in 24x7x365 on-call rotation with team of 6 other network engineers.
- Ability to interpret network traces and utilize TCPDUMP to troubleshoot and resolve network issues.
- Strong experience with InfoBlox DNS solution, AWS Route 53, Google Cloud DNS
- F5 LTM; F5 & Akamai GTM
- Strong communications skills. Able to move projects and people towards project end dates in professional and efficient fashion.
- Working knowledge of layer 3 routing protocols such as BGP, OSPF, etc.
- Understanding of cloud technologies (AWS) and tools like Ansible big plus.
- Ability to drive to resolution network issues (real or perceived) by proactively engaging other groups or resources to provide updates, information, next steps, etc. etc.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent written, verbal, and documentation skills.
Strong understanding of Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery
Success Attributes of an Equifax employee; does this describe you?
- Google Cloud Platform
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Please note: This posting represents multiple roles across various teams, including a range of responsibilities and experience levels. By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Atlanta, Alpharetta To speak to us about this role in more detail apply online. #L1-MD2 Primary Location:
- Think and act differently
Function - Tech Engineering and Service OpsSchedule: