Sr. Network Engineer ( 180000003O )
Nintendo of America Inc.
The worldwide pioneer in the creation of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its Nintendo Switch ™ system and the Nintendo 3DS ™ family of portable systems. Since 1983, when it launched the Nintendo Entertainment System ™ , Nintendo has sold more than 4.5 billion video games and more than 710 million hardware units globally, including Nintendo Switch and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, as well as the Game Boy ™ , Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS ™ family of systems, Super NES ™ , Nintendo 64 ™ , Nintendo GameCube ™ , Wii ™ and Wii U ™ systems. It has also created industry icons that have become well-known, household names, such as Mario, Donkey Kong, Metroid, Zelda and Pokémon. A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo of America Inc., based in Redmond, Wash., serves as headquarters for Nintendo’s operations in the Americas. For more information about Nintendo, please visit the company’s website at http://www.nintendo.com .
- Work with analysts to define the functional and technical needs of an organization and recommend solutions that may have significant impact to the organization.
- Assesses and recommends available technologies to meet needs, and then define technical specifications and designs.
- Develop and modify technology networks, addressing functional, performance, security, quality, operations and monitoring needs in an efficient and productive manner
- Create and reviews detailed test scenarios, perform testing and analyze results.
- Document and reviews technology changes through appropriate change control.
- Act as team lead for the administration and maintenance of the network infrastructure.
- Lead and coordinate LAN/WAN network architectural design changes.
- Configure and Deploy IPSec encryption for VPN. Integrate with disparate VPN technologies.
- Manage systems that support networking of Voice, Video and Storage (FCoE).
- Establish policies for the traffic prioritization within a network that supports converged networking.
- Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise that may also include employees from Nintendo Company, Ltd. (NCL) and subsidiaries
- Requires staying current on engineering approaches, technologies and techniques.
- Ensures work is completed in such a way to comply with established compliance and other internal control requirements.
- Normally provides instruction for others on day-to-day work (i.e. team lead) and is tasked with determining methods and procedures on new assignments
- Provides support and troubleshooting of prior developed technology solutions and recommends effective refactoring when needed
- Provides on-call support as needed
SUMMARY OF REQUIREMENTS
- Typically requires a minimum of 7 years of related experience in various network development technologies patterns and practices.
- Wide-ranging experience, including proven experience leading work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Understanding of networking topologies and protocols.
- Experience with scripting languages such as Bash, Python or Ansible
- Ability to read packet traces to identify source of problems
- Understanding of WAN optimization technologies including compression, acceleration, and protocol optimization desired. Experience with Integration with application based optimizations desired.
- Demonstrated expertise with Ethernet LAN technologies with a focus on Cisco technologies for Layer 2 redundancy and re-convergence.
- Experience with Network Access Control and other perimeter security technologies desired.
- Advanced knowledge of Cisco IOS/Nexus OS
- Advanced knowledge of Palo Alto PAN-OS
- Advanced knowledge of wireless technologies 802.11a/b/g/n
- Familiarity with TCP/IP Routing with a focus on EIGRP and BGP.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems, Industrial Engineering, or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Post-graduate coursework desirable and at times required.
- CCNA, CCNP, CCDP, CCIE
NOA - RG
We are an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans....valuing diversity…celebrating strengths.
: Software Development
: Nintendo of America Inc.
Work Days : M-F
Hours/Week : 40
Salary : DOE
About us: We are an equal opportunity employer valuing diversity…celebrating strengths.