ProTech is seeking a CISCO Network Engineer for a PERM position for an enterprise corporation in Memphis, TN with a minimum of 4 years experience in the following:
- Responsible for the overall architect, maintenance, and upgrade of the network infrastructure
- Monitors and troubleshoots escalated network issues, network firewalls, internet filtering software, wireless equipment, switches and routers, load balancers
- This position will participate in the planning, identifying and documenting of processes and procedures for all critical infrastructure systems, including but not limited to the production environment, disaster recovery environment, data/voice cable, LAN/WAN environment, telecom environment, manufacturing network, and VoIP systems
- Must primarily perform work requiring advanced learning or work that is original, creative, and have a future vision
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Installs and configures networking hardware and software, and manages the daily administrative activities associated with the Internet, Intranet, local area network, wide area network and connection to all of the above via MPLS, Wireless, broadband and dial up connectivity.
- Trains personnel in the functions of installed wireless equipment including special procedures and problem determination and solution processes.
- Investigates and tracks security incidents that have occurred within the network.
- Monitors the security protocols and identifies areas where there are gaps in the existing security policies of the enterprise and recommends resolution.
- Researches, installs and configures network routers and switches.
- Coordinates activities with the Disaster Recovery Coordinator to ensure the continued operation of network and wireless devices in the case of a disaster.
- Participates with vendors in the assessment of new enterprise technology.
- Maintains documentation concerning company infrastructure.
- Provides networking assistance and support to users.
- Will work on projects as assigned and will be responsible for meeting project requirements and deadlines.
- Researches and implements security strategies.
- Develops network and security policies.
- Monitors Internet network traffic and makes necessary recommendations for additional resources or hardware.
- Collaborate, support, and lead other team members to identify and develop scalable network designs, solutions and policy recommendations to support a growing network infrastructure Design, develop, implement, and support network solutions for IT projects.
- Meets with the hardware groups to allocate server resources and installs and supports new web servers.
- Experience/Knowledge with supporting windows and virtualization technologies on Cisco UCS equipment
- Experience/Knowledge with web content and URL filtering technologies including Forcepoint Triton
- Experience/Knowledge with load balancers, traffic managers and VPN technologies including F5.
- Experience/Knowledge with router and switch technologies including Cisco.
- Experience/Knowledge with VoIP phone systems.
- Network Security technologies including Firewalls, Network Intrusion Detection, IPSec VPNs, SSL VPNs, 2 Factor Authentication (RSA SecureID), RADIUS, TACACS, Access Control.
- Experienced with LAN technologies including but not limited to Ethernet (Switched, FastE, GigE, 10Gig), Spanning-Tree, VLANs, EIGRP, BGP, VTP, and trunking (802. 1q), wireless (802.1x) and LAN Cabling including copper and fiber
- Familiarity with Data Center design issues around data center technologies including power systems such as PDU, UPS, Utility Feeds, etc. , cooling and air handling systems, fire suppression systems and rack and cable management
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE Requirements:
- Two-year degree and two years experience OR a combination of four years experience and certifications (CCNP) with networking and telecommunication technologies in an Internet environment including experience working with URL Filtering software OR equivalent combination of education and experience
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Solid working knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, MPLS, OSI, internet, current Windows Operating Systems and Routing Protocols.
- Knowledge of enterprise operating procedures and policies as they relate to enterprise technical systems.
- Working knowledge of MS Internet Information Server (IIS), and network firewalls.
- Good computer skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to set priorities and work on multiple tasks.