This growing organization has earned Forbes' "America's Best Small Companies" list for almost a decade and has become a Global powerhouse! The company operates like a start up and moves very fast with outstanding technology. The IT group has grown by 300% over the last three years and provides the platform for both technical growth and career advancement. The company is technology driven and is constantly evaluating and adding new tools and technologies.
This position will be part of an engineering team that manages the domestic and global network operations. You will be responsible for the management and maintenance of the organization's Domestic and Global Data Center and remote office networks.
Team Player -- First and foremost we are looking for someone who works well in a team environment. Effective communication skills and a great personality is a must.
Talented -- Your skill sets expand beyond the core disciplines of a network engineer. Not only should you be knowledgeable in Routing, Switching and firewalls, you should also be competent with other technologies such as Scripting, Automation and System's services and applications.
Innovative -- We are always looking for ways improve our process and procedures. You should have natural desire to make things better and not be afraid to speak up if an opportunity for improvement arises.
- Take a Leadership role providing Technical guidance to projects big or small that may span across departments.
- Consistently analyzing application and bandwidth requirements and provide recommendations to meet requirements
- Research, Evaluate and Recommend tools can provide visibility to the health of the network
- Introduce/Improve processes and procedures to respond to problems.
- Monitor network health conditions and pro-actively take action to avoid issue escalation.
- Improve and Introduce best practice procedures, standards and policies.
- Be a mentor to Jr. Network Engineers not only providing technical guidance but serve as role model.
- Deploy, scale and automate our network across multiple global offices/data centers in both new and existing locations.
- Create and update network standards and ensure that network is deployed to those standards
- Document standard operating procedures, diagrams, and training materials for use by the teams
- Support a WAN environment consisting of MPLS, DMVPN, Easy VPN and Site to Site VPN technologies
- Work closely with internal customers to help alleviate problems and ensure network team continues to meet their demands
- Review and implement changes on the network, following Change management process (ITIL)
- Create troubleshooting procedure/documentation to help level 1/level 2 engineers to perform their job efficiently.
- Serve as key resource for infrastructure and application problem determination and resolution
- Plan and lead implementations for network deployment
- Utilize internal monitoring tools to pro-actively optimize network infrastructure and/or catch and fix issues before it arises.
Experience with some of the following:
- Solid engineering and operational experience in an e-commerce type infrastructure
- Experience with enterprise network environments supporting web applications
- Extensive experience configuring and troubleshooting Cisco platforms and technologies including but not limited to the following:
- Catalyst series switches 6500, 4500, 3700, 3800
- Nexus series switches 9K, 7K, 5K
- ASA firewalls 5500, 5500-x Series
- Meraki MX Firewalls, Meraki MR Access points
- VRF, ASA Context and VDC
- VPC, LACP, 802.3ad
- Catalyst Stacking, VSS, ASA -- Clustering, ASA Active/Standby
- OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, RIP
- Anyconnect VPN, Site to Site VPN's, DMVPN, GRE/IPSEC VPN.
- Standard ASA firewall services -- ACL's, Static/Dynamic/Policy based NAT.
- Tacacs, ISE
- Proven competency and knowledge in the following areas are a BIG plus
- Working knowledge using Linux/Unix based systems
- Scripting / Programming / Automation-- Perl, Python, PHP CLI, Ansible
- PRTG, Manage Engine, Nagios, Oxidized, Rancid, Scrutinizer, Net Brain, Gigastor
- HP Flex Fabric switch configuration
- F5/A10 Load balancers configuration/Implementation
- Design/Implementation experience with SDWAN technologies such as Steelhead, Meraki and Silverpeak
- Experience with Data Center Design and Support
- Preferred: Cisco Certifications - CCNP and/or CCIE
RedRiver offers benefits including Major Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD and 401k. More positions @: http://redriversystems.com/jobs/#/jobs RedRiver Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer.